X

tune up for my bike..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like THIS tuner . It makes tune ups a BREEZE
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Now for the serious answers:

1. Services - http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/Katana/index.html
      Will have how to do an oil change, how to do a valve adjustment, how to do a carb sync, etc. My website.

2. Parts - http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596
      Will have all the maintenance parts you need.

3. Tools - http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/kata...tool_list.html
      Will cover the tools you'll need, want or would be helpful (and which fall into what category).

4. Service Manuals - already posted higher in this thread.

5. Maint Schedule - basic:

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        Now for the serious answers:
        My answers were very serious!!

Comment

Not saying that anyone is wrong, but Ive been a mechanic for a few years now and have always been around cars (not bikes) and have never heard of air going bad. I replace 4-8 tires weekly and I bet only 1-20 have water in them.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            Not saying that anyone is wrong, but Ive been a mechanic for a few years now and have always been around cars (not bikes) and have never heard of air going bad. I replace 4-8 tires weekly and I bet only 1-20 have water in them.
            Bah, everyone knows Ohio air is exceptionally dry....

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Bah, everyone knows Ohio air is exceptionally dry....

Krey
              Hrm...Kentucky air is humid as hell...weird...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

BP unless you bike sits for MONTHS at a time and never driven more then a few miles a month water won't build up in a tire because of tire heat.
                I change a ton of tires at my shop and have never found water in any tires, unless it was a dirtbike with laced (spoked) wheels that recently had been used in wet conditions.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Actaullly phenylcyclohexyl piperidine aka rocket fuel is:
                  C17N25H

Actually, it all depends on which rocket fuel you're talking about. The fuel used for burst rockets, retro rockets, ejector seats and high powered actuators is a series of Ammonium perchlorate compounds, bound to metals like copper or aluminum. Easily found too. I make a lot of electronic circuits, but i'm cheap, so i refuse to pay for them. I make a transfer sheet from glossy magazine pages, and cook them on a little proctor silex panini grill that i plasma cut to shape. Ammonium perchlorate is a common etchant used in circuit building- essentially it is white crystals (coarse) mixed with hot water, and is clear- as it etches copper, it turns blue like gatorade, showing that the solution has absorbed the copper.

THats where the fun part is- just stick the solution on a hot plate, let the water evaporate, and you're left with crystals again, but with a little copper in there for flavor. the crystals are stable while coarse, but become increasingly unstable as they are ground finer.

VOila.. rocket fuel you can get from radio shack.
                  charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
                    Actually, it all depends on which rocket fuel you're talking about. The fuel used for burst rockets, retro rockets, ejector seats and high powered actuators is a series of Ammonium perchlorate compounds, bound to metals like copper or aluminum. Easily found too. I make a lot of electronic circuits, but i'm cheap, so i refuse to pay for them. I make a transfer sheet from glossy magazine pages, and cook them on a little proctor silex panini grill that i plasma cut to shape. Ammonium perchlorate is a common etchant used in circuit building- essentially it is white crystals (coarse) mixed with hot water, and is clear- as it etches copper, it turns blue like gatorade, showing that the solution has absorbed the copper.

THats where the fun part is- just stick the solution on a hot plate, let the water evaporate, and you're left with crystals again, but with a little copper in there for flavor. the crystals are stable while coarse, but become increasingly unstable as they are ground finer.

VOila.. rocket fuel you can get from radio shack.
                    This is reminding me of biodome...

"What are you some kind of rocket scientist or something?"

"Actually...yes..."

"Oh, sorry."
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have yet to engineer a combustible coconut though.
                      charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
                        Actually, it all depends on which rocket fuel you're talking about.
                        The question was for solid rocket fuel.. I think I was right, chemically speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                          BP unless you bike sits for MONTHS at a time and never driven more then a few miles a month water won't build up in a tire because of tire heat.
                          I change a ton of tires at my shop and have never found water in any tires, unless it was a dirtbike with laced (spoked) wheels that recently had been used in wet conditions.
                          Geesh, nobody gets humor any more!

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            Geesh, nobody gets humor any more!
                            Dude.. I was hoping to keep the debate going...
                            In fact I was planning to have top start a new thread...

Spoil sport...

Comment

I'll edit out mine if you edit out yours... we can goad them instead!

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                                The question was for solid rocket fuel.. I think I was right, chemically speaking.
                                Cuprous ammonium perchlorate is solid, and like most solid propellants is bound with a rubber/plastic/ceramic binding agent to act as a burn regulator.
                                Doesnt mean you were wrong by any means, there's just a lot of fuels out there and they're application specific. in fact i believe they use aqueous hydrazine in space for retros.

as for commercial rockets, those tend to use liquid fuel. Typically because it gives more control over output and level monitoring. You cant shut off a solid fuel rocket, and that could open up a whole world of hurt

Comment

Working...
                                X