X

do i have to rejet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i have to rejet?

bike is a 2006 kat 600, just bolted on a yoshi rs3 zyclone slip -on without installing the sound restrictor. every thing else is mechanically stock. do i have to get a jet kit(ivan's) or will it hurt the motor to run it like it is? should i install the noise restrictor until i get a jet kit in it to play it safe? any and all suggestions and advice is appreciated. putted around on it for about 10 minutes after the install, keeping the r's under 5 till i find out more info. man, what a difference , the sound, acceleration . it reminded me a little of my friends gixxer 6 ,same year. maybe i'm puttin a little on it, and i couldn't really tell at those lower r's so much, but the weight difference alone got me a horse or two right there. thanks for lookin guys
    thoughts create things

Install the sound restrictor & go ride it & see how it feels, if it pulls hard, & see if it "pops" on decelleration. Let us know the results. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

And don't mistake "sound" for "power" like the Harley dweebs do .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

so heres the deal....

so here's the deal, with the sound restrictor in it doesn't hardly afterfire(popping), just a little around 4 to 3 grand, that's it. with the sound restrictor out, it afterfire substantially, fromabout5 and a half on down decelerating, but no true backfires, only afterfires, and no snapping, just popping. for sure i think i'll get the ivan;s stage 1 cause it sounds and feels better witout the restrictor. so here's my next question: is it conceivable for me to install the jet kit myself, and has anyone else done it themselves( tips, please?). i would rather send the 500 clams in labor on more goodies. thanks ray and md, and anyone else with some knowledge to share
        thoughts create things

Comment

Get the jet kit and if you don't want to do it yourself, some members have offered in the past to install them for ya. Is it really necessary with the slip on? I can't answer that as for I have a full Yoshi exhaust.

Comment

its not that i don't wana do it mysely, it's just i don't wana hurt a fairly flawless runnin machine ( so far). i've been wrenchin on cars for years, but i have been leary about wrenchin on the bike. i've replaced the signal generator cover and same side blinker housing( u no y) , eliminated the fender, installed integrated tail, the yosh can, all those without any probs, but all that stuff is pretty simple.i just love my kat so much(oh please god don't let me hurt her) , u know?
            thoughts create things

Comment

A jet kit is always a good idea, but not required with a slip on. Have you tried going out an extra quarter turn on the A/F screws?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

no... but i just might, thanks scotty. ok, so in the world of car mods, afterfire is no big deal,. is it different with bikes cause of the shorter (overall) exhaust? i dunno..
                thoughts create things

Comment

Don't know about that last part, but definately don't be afraid of doing the jet kit yourself. (Ivan's of course)

Honestly, the hardest part of doing a jet kit is getting the friggin throttle cables hooked back up. If you get in there deep enough to turn the A/F screws out a bit, you've already got the carbs off. The float cover screws can be a pain too, that's why Ivan sends new ones in his kits.
                  - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                  2005 F4i -

Comment

How to put in your jetkit at my website:
                    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks cp, and everybody else. you guys are kr's for sure
                      thoughts create things

Comment

Working...
                      X