X

windy days!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windy days!!

So guys i was wondering if anyone had some tips on riding on windy days. i havent been riding long at all and it seems like every nice day we have the wind is strong. Just wondering if anyone had any tips?

i find if you dont fight with the wind..... so you dont lose energy and dont get tired to fast....

Comment

Try your best to let the bike float underneath you is the best way I can describe it. Loosen up on the grips, the harder you hold onto them the more every little gust of wind will be amplified. When you have a white knuckle grip on the bars, you dramatically loose fine motor controls. Make sure your elbows are bent and the majority of your weight is supported by your torso, not you arms.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Loosen your grip and relax.

I rode all day today with 30mph winds and didn't even once think about it.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

In Southwestern Ohio we had an "in-land" hurricane and I remember watching a guy on a full dres harley ride with both feet sliding over the road just to stay upright. Not saying thats an everyday issue but I bet that guy didnt enjoy it.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

stay away from center line, strond wind gusts combined with on coming tractor trailers can be a nightmare
            they guy I was following last weekend was visibly leaning going straight down the road
            We normally ride in a fairly tight pack but due to strong wind gusts we spread out and give each other some room
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

The Katana is like a sail in the wind
              2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

+1 on relaxing...just relax and ride...the more you fight it, the worse it will be
                sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                k9 GSX-R 600
                GO VOLS!

Comment

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

good link 86

Comment

I know it goes against the grain to try to relax while you're being blown about, but it really is the only thing that works! Speaking from recent experience riding the motorway the length of the country in gale force gusts and fighting it for about a hundred miles! In the end I was so physically tired that I just went with the flow - the difference was amazing! Still hated it, but it was much less tiring!! It's one of the less enjoyable aspects of riding- but it ain't gonna stop me!!
                      HeidiV
                      ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

It too took me awhile to not freak out with high winds...just relax, that's the best thing you can do.
                        sigpic

Comment

if you haven't been riding long and you're concerned about strong winds, just stay on the streets( off the highway/freeway). it's much easier to recover mother nature's nudgin at lower speeds as a beginner.you won't panic as quickly at 40 than at 70
                          thoughts create things

Comment

Originally posted by tobias View Post
                            if you haven't been riding long and you're concerned about strong winds, just stay on the streets( off the highway/freeway). it's much easier to recover mother nature's nudgin at lower speeds as a beginner.you won't panic as quickly at 40 than at 70
                            The slower you go, the worse you feel the winds. The gyroscopic forces of the wheels are stronger the faster you go.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Good question and good tips! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X