Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do I check what kind of chain I have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I check what kind of chain I have?

can anybody tell me how I can check to see what kind of chain I have? I am being told that I might have to remove 2 links.... it seems so loose! I may have to order it but the mechanic says he may have a master link in stock.. Im being told but they want to know what kind of chain it is? Can anybody help? How do I figure this out...
    Only bikers know why a dog sticks his head out of a car window...

My DID chain is stamped with it's name and the type of chain, 530 if I remember correctly, on the links themselves. Maybe it's 520.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

If the mechanic doesn't know, find another mechanic. If they're trying to take out links because the slack is too much, find another mechanic. The only reason to change links is if you've changed sprocket sizes.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I'm with brooder on this one.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Theres a spec somewhere to check chain stretch, if its out of spec it needs to be replaced.. Im sure someone on this site knows what lenght it should be.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

yeah if you cant adjust the chain out to the correct amount of slack it probably nedds to be replaced altogether or may be an aftermarket chain already, and personally i would replace it. chains don't make good ankle bracelets
            thoughts create things

Comment

Working...
            X