X

Rearset loose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearset loose?

I just noticed yesterday that my rearsets are moving a bit. It looks like there is a rubber bushing in there that allows some flex. Is this standard or is there something funky going on with mine?

Should a rearset be rigidly attached to the bike?

Cheers,
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

They should flex. Not a lot but what you might imagine for a rubber mount.

Comment

I am new to bikes, so forgive my ignorance. Do all rearsets to this or is it specific to the Katana?

Are rearsets universal in their mounting?

Cheers,
      -Izzy

-My wife

Comment

Few bikes will have the same mounting.. No not many sport bikes have rubber mounts these days. The Kat not only has rubber grips on the pegs, and rubber insulation on the mounts but (on the pre 98 anyway) there are weights on the underside of the peg to damp vibration.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          but (on the pre 98 anyway) there are weights on the underside of the peg to damp vibration.

So THAT's what those were...I always wondered...something new every day.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

That's why I'm here...

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. You guys are a wealth of information.

Cheers,
              -Izzy

-My wife

Comment

Working...
              X