• Show
Clear All

mine was a 750 I was up with the 1ks till top end
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Still not sure what the difference was between what Yosh called their "Stage 3 camshaft" and the GSXR camshafts. Will be interesting to see how the GSXR cammed engine compares to the Yosh with most of the other mods being the same. Mine "feels" like it pulls very similar to the curve shown on the HP dyno chart, just don't know what the actual power level is. My carbs appear to be stock size, but are polished on the manifold side, and I was told the head was shaved and ported, along with aftermarket cams when it was built up somewhere around '91.
      Last edited by Psycho1; 04-26-2009, 10:52 AM.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I assume the "stage 3" cam shafts they refer too are pretty comparable to the GSXR cams I did not get the head ported and polished. I just got the chambers bead blasted and lapped the valves in, I just finished that last night . Now that I got the flat slide carbs I may do that. APE want $950.00 bucks. I'll see what the automotive machine shop by me charges.
        Last edited by arsenic; 04-26-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

If you get the head ported, I would just have them port the intake runners, but not polish them to keep the turbulance up to prevent the fuel from coming out of suspension. Then I'd have them polish the exhaust side just to help reduce carbon build up as much as possible.
          Last edited by Psycho1; 04-26-2009, 01:18 PM.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

This may seem like a dumb question.... but did stock 90's kat's come with Mikuni carbs?

Just wondering because I was working on my mesh and grips today and noticed the brand on the carb.

p.s. I am not the original owner/modifier of this bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilter View Post
              This may seem like a dumb question.... but did stock 90's kat's come with Mikuni carbs?

Just wondering because I was working on my mesh and grips today and noticed the brand on the carb.

p.s. I am not the original owner/modifier of this bike.
              Answer: yes.
              For the specific carbs that should have come with your carbs, see the tables this webpage of mine:
              motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yep Yep!! 36mm, a whole Bank of em. The one thing I never see on these spec. sheets is the factory hp ratings and when I do see them they never seem agree with the next. Last I looked the pre 750 was around 113. stock. Any thoughts?
                Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-30-2009, 12:20 AM.
                Joker
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                  Last I looked the pre 750 was around 113. stock. Any thoughts?
                  Yeah , it's more like 90-ish stock at the wheel . In fact , my pre with a 1mm overbore last summer dynoed right about 90hp with an overrich mix . But expect about 90 stock in good order .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Now im curious, im running on a fairly fresh rebuild with a full pipe and jet kit. Guess its time to strap it down and see whats doin.
                    Joker
                    sigpic

Comment

Make sure you get that EGA to go with it .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                      X