No announcement yet.
X

new go-fast parts for the DREAM project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, were you using an impact driver or just a regular hand held? I'm guessing hand held. I always use an impact driver for this reason & then go to allens. When you said this will be a track bike did you mean road race or drag? Also, you will find it DIFFICULT, to say the least, to get 100 at the back wheel on a 600. Or did you mean crank? Or are you making it bigger than a 600? You got a GREAT amount of spares & extras with the 36s! That's cool! Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

I pretty much know a 600 tuna will not do 100 HP at the wheel, if I can get like 90 at the wheel I'll be happy. The crank I'm pretty sure will exceed 100. I used a hand held, cause I didn't want to hit those things with an impact. I've broken a CV carb doing that before, ok it was the diaphragm cover on a 88-89 600 carb, but still. I didn't want to take a chance. Road race, I find going fast in a straight line on a bike pointless. They are meant to be fast around turns. No, I'm using the OEM pistons and I simply honed the cylinders. I removed 0 material. It's still 599 cm3.
      Last edited by arsenic; 04-24-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Chris, you know the next step is magnesium wheels, right? Best handling upgrade you can probably by for a Kat after good tires and good suspension... Maybe even more valuable than good suspension...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I know that, but I've done a million things to the OEM 98+ wheels and I can't even find a mag wheel is 4.5". So that will have to be for another project.
          Last edited by arsenic; 04-24-2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I find going fast in a straight line on a bike pointless. They are meant to be fast around turns. .
            Amen

Comment

where are the cams to go with those flat slides ?

Comment

I think he's got gsxr cams already.

Comment

in the cylinder head You think I didn't already have those? Yeah they are 88 GSXR 750 cams degreed to 104 lobe centers. Oh, I should probably mention the EX cam is brand new.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 04-24-2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Very nice Chris- can you e-mail me a copy of that Yosh build up as well? I always love those kind of articles! I am saving my money for HP for my 1127 though, 600 gets a couple things.

You pay alot for those carbs?

I am wondering if EFI is not more cost effective for HP and tune-ability than the flat siders?

Comment

I got those carbs and all those jets for less then $565 shipped to my door.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                        Chris, were you using an impact driver or just a regular hand held? I'm guessing hand held. I always use an impact driver for this reason & then go to allens.
                        I go to the impact second-to-last . First I go for the needlenose vicgrips . It's RARE when I can't get a float bowl screw with those+screwdriver . I've actually had the carb body threads get a little nackered from the impact , so I hesitate to grab it as fast as I USED to . And I usually just toss another phillips in there . Once I get it initially broken free , I've found as long as you don't torque them to 90ft/lbs , they come off fairly easy , and still don't leak .
                        Carry on ....
                        Last edited by md86; 04-25-2009, 02:59 AM.
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

one of those stripped screws, I actually drilled the head off. Once I drilled the head off, took the float bowls off, I took the threaded part out with my hand. The head was torqued on super tight. There was 0 rust or anything holding the screw in.
                          here's Yoshimura's dyno results for there "power 600" if I can match and/or exceed that, I'll be happy.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 04-25-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Nice Torque

Comment

Originally Posted by JayBell
                              before you install those things... you better

Wait thoses weren't the instructions? Im sooo confussed!

I had a set of smoothies on my 86 Gixxer once you gottem dialed in they were AWWSUUUUMMM!!!!
                              Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-25-2009, 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by Adequateman View Post
                                Nice Torque
                                Almost as good as a 750 .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X