X

new go-fast parts for the DREAM project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    I'm not sure what you know about flat slide carbs, but jetting for sea level, 90 degrees and rainy, doesn't do any good for 2600 feet, 70 degrees and sunny.
    That sounds vaguely familiar... I think I've heard it said somewhere before.

I don't know about your 100 HP theory -- fuel + air + 11.3:1 compression leaves you with the same HP no matter what's doing the fueling. The big benefit to the flat-slides will be literally instanteous throttle responsiveness (most riders are so used to CV carbs [or slower injection systems] that they don't recognize the difference -- until they ride something that is that instant-on/instant-off with flat-slides).

Nice find

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

PS - Time to guy one of the Gunson exhaust gas analyzers to be able to rejet it on the fly.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm really not thinking this project will be a light / traffic kinda deal.
      Can't avoid them forever, if you're riding you're stopping.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

not on the track your not

Comment

So this is a track bike you're making? Interesting.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yes CP, you said that exact same same thing to me, it's just very well said I think you said 27,000 feet
            Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            That sounds vaguely familiar... I think I've heard it said somewhere before.

Nice find

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

PS - Time to buy one of the Gunson exhaust gas analyzers to be able to rejet it on the fly.
            I have one

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            I don't know about your 100 HP theory
            actually Yoshimura made a 100 HP Katana 600 in the late 80's early 90's before the GSXR 600 appeared. I have the CycleWorld article, I believe I gave it to you as well. I'm copying everything they did pretty much. Except the stage 3 port and polish. I haven't done any porting or polishing (except porting the OEM 750 header) so we'll have to see.
            Last edited by arsenic; 04-23-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Can't avoid them forever, if you're riding you're stopping.
              I dont waaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaa stop.
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Nice. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Giggity!
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Arsenic...I don't know what to say...when I didn't think your project couldn't get any better you surprise me.

Comment

I call it the dream project, I kinda mean that. There never will be a Katana like this, there never has. If there is anything to make it better I will. I'd use a GSXR USD front end, but I've done a million thing with Tmod's help to the conventional Katana front end. So the GSXR USD forks will be on the next project, the super kat.

Comment

I call it the dream project, I kinda mean that. There never will be a Katana like this, there never has. If there is anything to make it better I will. I'd use a GSXR USD front end, but I've done a million thing with Tmod's help to the conventional Katana front end. So the GSXR USD forks will be on the next project, the super kat.
                        So you mean once it's together, you're gonna look at it and decide to put the GSXR front end on there?

Comment

not exactly dude, the dream has a 600 engine. The super kat will have a turbo charged Hayabusa engine. It's gone be a whole new world of things that have never been done before.

Comment

the goal is rally 2010, it'll be a push, but I think it can happen.
                            I'll be ready to test-pilot it by the 2010 rally

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

lol sounds like a good plan...... it will be a killer bike thats for sher.... and funny cause people are gonna say its just a kat...... and then you go by and watfch the funny faces they make lol....... what a kat cant be that fast lol :P

Comment

ok, I replaced all the float bowl screws wit stainless steel socket cap (allen) screws. Let me just rant for a minute. The OEM screws are JIS, they look like phillips heads, but they aren't. Well, I HAVE a JIS screw driver and 3 of those float bowl screws still stripped. I have 0 clue why those screws aren't allens to begin with. Especially those, you have the float bowls off a lot more then with CV carbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X