No announcement yet.
X

starting issues, im a little lost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use my choke everytime i start the kat. i know it's a little cold up here in seattle, but no choke? must be nice
    thoughts create things

Comment

^ i almost always need to use my choke, but since its been acting up I cant or it will flood.

?

Comment

Originally posted by tobias View Post
        i use my choke everytime i start the kat. i know it's a little cold up here in seattle, but no choke? must be nice
        Yeah dude , ONLY time I don't is if it's like 80+ , and the bike's been sitting in the sun (talkin cold-start , of course) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

OK, I changed the plugs (after cleaning them a few times) and SHE STARTED RIGHT UP!!!

Im glad shes running, but now I know I need to get the carbs tuned and sync'd. Plugs lasting one season doesn't seem quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
            OK, I changed the plugs (after cleaning them a few times) and SHE STARTED RIGHT UP!!!

Im glad shes running, but now I know I need to get the carbs tuned and sync'd. Plugs lasting one season doesn't seem quite right.
            Nope, had mine since I bought it almost two years ago and no telling how long they were in before.
            Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

^yeah, the carbs have never been tuned. I can tell because the A/F screws arent drilled out.

Comment

That's good the bike runs. Just curious..... how are you starting the bike? Choke on and some throttle? Or just choke on?

Comment

Just choke on, it has never seemed to make a difference if I try throttle on or off.

Usually it will start right up, MY trouble is if it has sat for over 5-7 days (random cold front, snow, etc rolling through). Kind of similar to the 5 days of rain that is supposed to start today...

Comment

did you ever try boosting the bike fro your jeep? On cool days that what I have to do!

Comment

carbs mixed with fouled plugs. my next bike is going to be fuel injection lol

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                        did you ever try boosting the bike fro your jeep? On cool days that what I have to do!
                        Seriously ? Mine'd start when it's 25*f out . Also , it's start rather easily at that . Just choke full-on , maybe prime for a minute if it's been a while , then push the starter , and it'd fire right up . Now that's GOTTA make ya feel a little silly when you see how old & beat-up my bike is .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                        X