X

Taken the bad with the good..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
    Oh boy, I had a dream I broke my leg last night and wasn't able to ride all summer. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by typing this out, aaah so superstitious. Feel better!
    You know the sad thing is I have seen people ride bikes with a broken leg in a cast!!
    "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Originally posted by 64dumptruck View Post
      You know the sad thing is I have seen people ride bikes with a broken leg in a cast!!
      Talk about good hard armor against another break!

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

some way some how it could have been worse.

Comment

why not just take the fairing off till you were able to secure it in a safe manner - i dont mean to sound a little harsh but it obviously wasnt secure in such a way it could be deemed safe so why risk it - it could have been a whole lot worse - you even say it was hanging off and you tried holding it on with 1 hand? so now your not even in proper control of the vheicle - at best id of pulled over and looked for something to string or shoelace

anyway - lessons learned - hope your finger heals up fast
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I had wrist surgery (scaphoidectomy & partial fusion) last fall, 1 week after I got my Kat. After 2 weeks they hard cast my wrist and I was up and riding. Don't let a little finger pain slow you down!
            Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bigbike-r View Post
              why not just take the fairing off till you were able to secure it in a safe manner - i dont mean to sound a little harsh but it obviously wasnt secure in such a way it could be deemed safe so why risk it - it could have been a whole lot worse - you even say it was hanging off and you tried holding it on with 1 hand? so now your not even in proper control of the vheicle - at best id of pulled over and looked for something to string or shoelace

anyway - lessons learned - hope your finger heals up fast
              That would have been the best to do but im not goin to lie ima noob...Thats the way i bought the bike and i really didnt give it a second thought. The thing is it was never really capable of going fast enough to have the fairing fly off, until i fixed it..Lesson is defenitaly learned. U guys think ill be able to ride when they put my hard cast on next week? idk?

Comment

yes i rode with a ankle cast on that came up to my calf. It was my right foot so i was good

Comment

Originally posted by Shellshok View Post
                  U guys think ill be able to ride when they put my hard cast on next week? idk?
                  Ask the doc -- his advice in this situation exceeds ours

Meanwhile, if you haven't already, you might want to read the newbies FAQ here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=61328

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I split open my hand working on the cage 2 months ago. Had to ride Kat to the hospital to get stiched up.
                    May the road rise up to meet you.
                    May the wind always be at your back.
                    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                    And until we meet again,
                    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                    RIP Marc

Comment

Working...
                    X