X

Taken the bad with the good..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken the bad with the good..........

So i posted my thread of how i got my first bike a few days ago.
    KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Well i was riden today and the bike was just great! Anyway its not the best looking bike and the fairings arent really held on that good but i didnt think it would be a problem.....Well i got on it alittle and the left side fairing popped out!(only held on by one bolt and the windscreen) it was still bolted at the wind screen so i figured i could make it home(1 mile away). I was kinda holding it with my left hand and my screen broke and the whole thing went flying pulling my hand with it. i pulled off to the side of the road but my hand was killen me. I could barely use my clutch. Well i left the fairing on the side of the road barely made it home and decided to go to the docter. Come to find out i got a spiral fracture on my third metacarpal(middle finger bone in my hand) I'll have to have a cast for awhile so no bike, no job...

oh wow...that sux

Comment

d@mn that sucks sorry. Hang in there it will get better.
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

That sucks man. Hope you get better soon

Did you go back ad get the fairing?

Comment

sorry dude!
          Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

yeah, man that does suck. broke my left thumb and right ankle when i laid my bike down. so, i know about not being able to ride! get well soon.
            R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

just for future reference, if you've only got one or two bolts holding on the fairings...zip ties are an amazing invention, for temporary use of course...
              "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Dank View Post
                just for future reference, if you've only got one or two bolts holding on the fairings...zip ties are an amazing invention, for temporary use of course...
                +1

On long road trips, I stock up on 36" long ones (HomeDepot) and carry them folded around the rear under-seat area in a big arc. They've saved me once (hard luggage that I broke the key to 650 miles from home, so I couldn't close it) and have saved others many times

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh boy, I had a dream I broke my leg last night and wasn't able to ride all summer. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by typing this out, aaah so superstitious. Feel better!

Comment

That sucks man, hope you get heal up quick and get back on.

At leat you'll have lots of time to do the repairs on your bike.

Comment

That sucks a**

When i got in to my wreck i started riding with a cast on haha dumb move
                      Last edited by BUCKJFLOWERS; 04-21-2009, 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yea i picked up my fairing l8ter. All i know is my bike is going to get all fixed up so i guess thats good.

Comment

Well at least you saved the fairings. There getting rare and expensive. hope you heal up quick.
                          Currently Riding:
                          1995 Katana 600
                          V&H Exhaust
                          Jet Kit

SOLD
                          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                          1987 XV700 Bobber
                          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                              Oh boy, I had a dream I broke my leg last night and wasn't able to ride all summer. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by typing this out, aaah so superstitious. Feel better!
                              i throw salt over my shoulder every time i spill it. I also keep a chinese coin with a hole in it on me for good luck. I understand superstitions. Also phobias, I have more than Woody Allen!
                              May the road rise up to meet you.
                              May the wind always be at your back.
                              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                              And until we meet again,
                              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                              RIP Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X