X

Letting a rider know about a cop ahead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting a rider know about a cop ahead

OK i lived in VA for a while and for the most part if you tap the top of your helment that was letting a rider know there is a cop ahead and to slow down. I am in SOCAL now and riders look at me like i am dumb tapping the top of my helment. How do yall let other riders know there is a cop ahead of them, or am i just retarded haha

Here in NC i've seen either flash the headlights or "twirling" your finger pointed straigh up in the air to signify an emergency light. Never seen the helmet pat before.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I see the helmet pat all the time and use it myself. See it a lot up on ACH!!! LOL
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Light flash or helmet tap here too. Ohio.
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

I used to do the helmet tap, i don't think any one get's it around here. I always push my hand toward the ground like "slow down".

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKJFLOWERS View Post
            OK i lived in VA for a while and for the most part if you tap the top of your helment that was letting a rider know there is a cop ahead and to slow down. I am in SOCAL now and riders look at me like i am dumb tapping the top of my helment. How do yall let other riders know there is a cop ahead of them, or am i just retarded haha

Another KR in my hometown! Sweet!

I use the head tap. Some riders (newbies and perennial squidlys) don't know the signal, most riders do. In the twisties it's well known. The other signals are the straight arm up and down motion (slow down). Most all riders get that one. Nearly all the Harley and cruiser folks know that one.

BTW: Being a native and a lover of all things San Diego...

San Diego = LoCal
            L. A. = SoCal
            Bay Area regions = NoCal

The vast area between SoCal and NoCal =

FarmCal

"Holy Crap It's Freakin' Hot" Cal

"Don't Pi$$ Us Off Or We'll Stop Sending Food" Cal
            sigpic

Comment

helmet tap is my way, but I rarely get to use it, most of my riding is at night...

But when others flash their high beams at me I don't know if they are pi$$ed at my headlights or not... So I just stay on the lookout anyway...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

It has been HOT AS H*** the last couple of days i am between SOCAL and LOCAL in OSIDE

I am the same way I was rasied in TX and when someone flashes there lights it means cop but alot of people around here flash their lights because they are ****ed off at me because of my headlights lol. I think they should teach how to let a rider know there is a cop in MSF course lol. It should be standard. Just in case you are confused you have seen 3 different states on the post it is because i am in the military
                Last edited by BUCKJFLOWERS; 04-21-2009, 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKJFLOWERS View Post
                  It has been HOT AS H*** the last couple of days i am between SOCAL and LOCAL in OSIDE

Near the biggest breasts on the West Coast!
                  This weather has been weird. 93º yesterday in Garden Grove (O. C.)

I forgot about the twirling finger thing. I've seen that a few times, too.
                  sigpic

Comment

I REF roller derby up in garden grove

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                      I used to do the helmet tap, i don't think any one get's it around here. I always push my hand toward the ground like "slow down".

slow down motion is the universal symble for FUZZ ahead
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

hey buck, where are you stationed? what unit are you in? i'm in 4th bde 10th mtn at fort polk.
                        R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Yup, another Headbanger here too
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Funny story, I was traveling down the road and saw a cop on the side of the road so I flashed my lights at a few people. Another cop that was probaly shooting radar for the latter pulled me over becuase he saw me giving warnings to the other vehicles. He said he pulled me over for a "random safety check" He checked my horn, and rear lights and then went in front my car and asked to see my headlights. I stuck my head out the window and said "What for, you already know they work!"

.....I got a ticket for no front license plate......
                            Originally posted by arsenic
                            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

helmet tap here
                              25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Working...
                              X