X

May be selling the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be selling the Kat

Well after some deeping thinking my wife has decided that she wants a smaller bike (read Ninja 250). The lurking power of the ZZR600 is always playing on the back of her mind and she just doesn't feel comfortable.

So given that we're still paying on the ZZR we are going to keep it and sell the Kat to buy the little Ninja outright. I'll miss the old girl, but looking forward to many miles on the ZZR.

I have to say that this is the most outstanding forum I've ever belonged to. ATV forums are typicically filled with testosterone enriched teens and adults with "little man" syndrome and I find other "general" sport bikes forums much the same. This forum is a breed apart with little or no bashing and a generally respectful atmosphere. Keep up the good times guys n gals.

I'll still be around from time to time, lurking and learning and participating in the twisted wishes !! Heh. And nothing is final yet either so I will let you know how we make out and of course be sure to post pics of the new Ninja if we do get it.

Take care all ..

Trev
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Oh man...ZZR tastiness...

AND it's black? Dude...i can haz pics?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No need to leave. Just join the evergrowing population of non-katriding Katriders.com members.

Comment

So far (my 2 whole days on here) there is nothing but great people on here

Comment

Enter sad face here. Don't go

Comment

You know what is very sad ... I dont have a sensible pic of the ZZR. I will have to get the one off my phone and post for you. Not in a flattering state at the moment as we haven't done the post winter setup yet. But yep it's black n sweet. Lowered as well. I find your reaction to it somewhat humourous considering the bike YOU ride scotty.. that thing is a monster!!! must be a riot to ride.
            2008 ZZR 600 (His)
            Black
            Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
            Red

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
              I find your reaction to it somewhat humourous considering the bike YOU ride scotty.. that thing is a monster!!! must be a riot to ride.

Oh, she is, trust me She's one mean *****, just look at her wrong and she'll scratch your eyes out.

Honestly, I've always wanted a ZZR. Everytime I see one my pants get a little tighter. The earlier Ninjas (which are for all intents and purposes the same as the ZZR) never quite got me, but they took the J series and smoothed it out, I think the ZZR is the sexiest looking bike I've ever seen, period. They just look...smooth...I see the black ones and the phrase "Black Ice" always comes to mind, they're slick as snot.

Plus they're a freaking riot to ride. That sucks you're selling the Kat, but you still have the ZZR

Oh and don't let the wife oust you in the twists with that 2fiddy, be warned, it might happen.

Oh and some pics to see what I mean...

Last edited by scottynoface; 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Here we go .. as I said, not a flattering picture hiding behind the table etc ... but ... best adjust yourself a bit hahahah
                Attached Files
                2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                Black
                Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                Red

Comment

Those headlights touch me sexually...

Sounds like time to start modding the ZZR

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                    No need to leave. Just join the evergrowing population of non-katriding Katriders.com members.
                    as is inevitable with the kats no longer being produced.

Comment

We'll still love you with or without a Kat.
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Dfurgi .. is that a Z1000 in your pic there?? I love those bikes. Too bad they stopped selling them in Canada. Replaced the ZZR with the Ninja 650 and the Z1000 with 6En thingy that looks like a Z but not ...
                        2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                        Black
                        Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                        Red

Comment

hey e. tech, newfoundland, huh? my first name is trevor as well. haven't met very many people with that first name. pretty cool
                          R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

There are plenty of us former Kat owners here, you don't have to leave
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Zepp. For the record I had no intents on leaving LOL. My wife was looking through the Kawa site and stumbled upon the ZX14 and thought maybe that would be a good bike for me LOL. I'm wondering how badly she wants the insurance money at this point!!

Hey T.C. yeah from "Da Rock" of Newfoundland. I knew a few Trevors but not a whole lot. I think it's kind of regional or something like that. Glad to meet another one tho
                              2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                              Black
                              Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                              Red

Comment

Working...
                              X