X

great news 1/5 throttle inserts are here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great news 1/5 throttle inserts are here

got the relpey iv ben looking for ..check this out ..get moving faster ..best bang for the buck htt://www.doublezracing.com/images/57110-46E01.pdf GREAT DEAL WOT FAST for the katana post
    Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 04-20-2009, 10:00 PM.

interesting

Comment

Interesting...

I've never felt a need for one in my street use. Is this something alot of track riders find useful?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i would have no use for this... even at the drag strip...idk maybe its just me, but i dont like the idea
        Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Rolling that throttle is half the fun! Why take it away?
          Let's go riding!

Comment

come guys ,..the kat is the slowest -600 made with a pipe they sound fine and hardy with this my 600 will be a bit better on the respone , it should open up like a kat over a fence . this might be better then getting into the carbs . bone stock other wise

Comment

or you could have the problems that so many people have with CV carbs and why they go with a race carb...
              The hand motion is/butterfly action is to fast and faster then the vacuum slides can react/operate and the bike actually hesitates and costs you HP.
              thats why the tell you you need to use smoother throttle control...

sorry bro they are a gimmick
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Has anyone tried this? I know the track bikes usually use at least a 1/4 ratio. If I had already done more to my bike it would be something I would try.

Comment

I would imagine that they would be the bee's knees for anybody with a wrist injury or who finds their wrist rotation uncomfortable at their typical cruising speed... Other than that, I don't see a lot of benefit here -- more rotational movement = easier time with fine throttle control, esp. on a road-bike with CV carbs...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've thought about this 100 times but never actually thought about changing it. Great thread.

Comment

im getting one, i know on my three svs i have put r6 throttle tubes which are a 1/4 turn less so your wrist doesnt hurt on touring and a little more responce of the line. package that with a crampbuster and your good.

price i may also be intrested in clear clutch cover for a 2nd gen svs if your able to, i know many have tried with issues of oil filler neck location
                      Last edited by saabsaviur; 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's all a gimmick. You can think it improves throttle response if you want.

And btw, a few minutes and some zipties will get you the same thing for under $10. 90% of people I know that have put a qucik turn throttle on have taken it back off as it is not precise enough for street use.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

how can i do it with zip ties? is it pretty much just a spacer there selling that arouond stock throttle tube? If so then i guess ya you could easly make it your self, youd just have to adjust throttle cables to fit over the spacer.

Comment

Working...
                          X