Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

odometer discrepancy if you have a motor swap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odometer discrepancy if you have a motor swap?

if i decide to sell my kat, do i need to fill out the odometer discrepancy info on the back of the title before sale? i've swapped the motor out with a motor carrying 6K miles, but the odometer on the bike is showing 24K miles. i'm just curious 'cause i'm getting really close to having to sell my bike, thanks!

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Yes you will have to check the second box.("2. The odometer reading is not the actual mileage.")

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Dont wanna mess with the DOT, yes make sure you specify that.

Comment

good deal, thanks!

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
        "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

I would say no...

Since the bike's odometer shows the true number of miles total on the bike NOT the amount of miles on the engine. Now if the odometer was switched out that would be a different matter.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

me too...
            Katana 750 2002

Comment

Working...
            X