X

dual headlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual headlights

I would like to know if the Katana's that are 98 and later have an alternator upgrade to handle two headlights. More specifically, I guess, I really want to know if a pre 98 Katana can handle two headlights on at the same time? Would it be better to make one headlight low beam and the other one high beam? Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the specific output differences are between the pre-98 and 98+ charging systems, but it is normal practice in the industry to build a certain percentage of excess charge capacity into a bike's charging system -- 30% being common for the Kats. Thus, I would be inclined to believe that, yes, there is probably a difference in amps of output (which could be a logical part of the reason that the pre-98 engines put more power to the road than the post-98 kats, even though they use the same bore/stroke/valve size/etc).

There is an easy way to figure out whether your charging system can take it -- hook up an anameter and an another 60/55 watt headlight bulb and check to see if you still have a positive charging rate.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X