No announcement yet.
X

Shell gas info ( Cyber check this out )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell gas info ( Cyber check this out )

I just filled up with some ,I will let you know how it works.

Shell Launches New Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines

02/03/2009

Introducing a new molecule designed to seek and destroy engine gunk in both conventional and modern engines.
    Houston – Today at Shell stations across the U.S., consumers will fill-up with a new product at the pumps. Shell is introducing the all-new Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, containing a unique, patented cleaning system designed to seek and destroy engine “gunk” (carbon deposits) in all three grades of gasoline. The new Nitrogen Enriched cleaning system protects and cleans up gunky build-up on intake valves and fuel injectors left by lower quality gasolines.
    Nitrogen is a key element of the active cleaning molecule in the new fuel, making it significantly more stable at higher temperatures common in modern engines, such as direct fuel-injection gasoline engines. The increased stability ensures that the molecule can work under much tougher engine conditions by resisting thermal breakdown better than conventional cleaning additives.
    “At Shell, our ‘Passionate Experts’ are dedicated to helping motorists get the most out of every drop of gasoline,” said Jens Mueller-Belau, Fuels Portfolio and Category Manager North America, Shell Retail.. “With Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines, our scientists have increased the effectiveness of our cleaning additive, offering consumers our most advanced technology ever.”
    In addition to developing the new fuel with the consumer in mind, Shell worked very closely with automotive manufacturers to gain insight into current and future engine technologies. These insights along with fuels technology leadership and a strong research and development program help Shell continually improve its products.
    Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines were tested in laboratories, independent testing facilities, and on the road, accumulating more than a half-million miles in various vehicles and engines—including conventional, turbo-charged, and direct fuel-injection gasoline engines, hybrids, newer vehicles with low mileage, and older vehicles with high mileage.
    Shell scientists also used innovative testing technologies such as dual fuel engines to conduct head-to-head comparisons with other lower quality gasolines. In these tests, split engines simultaneously run on different types of gasoline in order to collect data under the exact same conditions. The results of these head-to-head comparisons proved that the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines are more effective than lower quality gasolines in protecting against the build-up of harmful engine gunk.

“In today’s tough economy, American drivers are concerned about protecting their vehicle since it’s one of their largest investments,” said Mueller-Belau. “We want to help protect that investment. That’s why we want them to educate consumers that there is a difference in the gasoline they choose. Using lower quality gasolines can result in gunky build-up on critical engine parts, negatively impacting engine performance. Shell gasolines help drivers say ‘No’ to gunk.”
    The Nitrogen Enriched formula is proven to prevent build-up of gunk more effectively than gasolines containing only the minimum amount of cleaning agents as required by the EPA.
    The new cleaning system is certified to meet the TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Standard – voluntary standards designated by some of the world’s top automakers (Audi, BMW, GM, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen) to try to raise the bar on fuel quality beyond minimum government criteria. Industry research has proven that a clean engine results in better fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, and overall optimal vehicle performance.
    In addition, Shell V-Power® premium gasoline provides maximum protection with the highest concentration of the Nitrogen Enriched cleaning system and more than five times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by federal government standards. It seeks and destroys engine gunk even faster than regular Shell gasoline, providing maximum protection to help vehicles maintain peak performance.
    Shell is supporting the launch of Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines with a national marketing campaign, including national TV, radio and online advertising, as well as point-of-purchase signage at Shell-branded stations nationwide. The new campaign builds-on the current “Passionate Experts” platform, focusing on the company’s commitment to fuel quality and passion for developing innovative new products.
    “At Shell, we believe it’s important to educate consumers that all gasolines are not the same—high quality gasoline can make a difference in a vehicle,” said Karen Wildman, Shell U.S. brand and communications manager. “We’re dedicated to continuous product improvement and innovation, and to helping consumers get the most out of every drop.”
    05 Kat 600
    Yoshi RS3
    Bar Risers
    Road Attacks
    Fumoto Valve
    Corbin Seat w / backrest
    Sportech black chrome windscreen
    Custom garage door opener

the few miles I rode it seems great. I think I found a new gas station.
    05 Kat 600
    Yoshi RS3
    Bar Risers
    Road Attacks
    Fumoto Valve
    Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

Shell is what i run. But mainly because its on the way to work, not because of its "nitro" gas. I dont notice much of a difference between this and other major gas stations, but i do like shell stations, and the info is good to know as long as its not bs.

Comment

The only reason I don't get shell is because its UNGODLY priced here in Vero. Your lookin at 2.59 a gal for premium. Not that its a big difference with a bike but still. I usually go with Mobil, Chevron, or BP

Comment

we have alot of Generic stations (giant, turkey hill, rutters, etc.) we have a exxon which I dont like and a shell a few miles away. The texaco is over 30 miles away. but so far I like shell. Last summer I had a rough time w/ bad gas stations. I hope this year is different.
          05 Kat 600
          Yoshi RS3
          Bar Risers
          Road Attacks
          Fumoto Valve
          Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

I have switched to Shell from my usual generic gas station, and my engine seems to be much happier for it. I have also noticed that my truck gets about 1-2 miles more per gallon using Shell over other brands.

Comment

I have always used Shell gas when possible. I have had great luck with it over the years in my cars and more recently with my bikes
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

if i go today to the pump and see that it has this Nitrogen on the fuels, i will consider going with them
                97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

That's kinda cool. I'd like to see if it really works.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

hmm ive always put bp in everything i have...guess we will just have to wait and c if it works

Comment

like 3-4 years ago shell was great then it got bad now sinse the v-power it seemed kinda soapy so i use chevron ..i wiil will try shell again soon

Comment

I haven't seen a Shell around here if forever, just Mobil and those are like triple the norm price.

Comment

Chevron is still #1(IMO).

Comment

We don't have any Chevrons around here (at least from what i've seen). There are a few scarce Shell's however. I might have to try them out. I've always gone to Super America cuz of the Speedy Rewards Points lol
                            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                            Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                            My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                            He is the best there was and ever been.
                            RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

I only run fuel that has an oil company behind them no Kroger, Mejier ECT. I only make a point to buy Shell in the winter months for the bike as it suppose to have a longer shelf life
                              sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                              A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Working...
                              X