X

1/8th mile drags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/8th mile drags

Some of my students go to the local drag strip on Thursday evenings, so the Auto Shop teacher and I were talkin' 'bout racing each other there, just for fun. W
    He'll be driving his 1984 Chevy El Camino and we'll try to end the drag in a tie, but my dilema is....which bike do I take to race him? I'm thinkin' I better take the Harley, 'cause if I take the Kat and tie his car, the kids will think the Kat is a tank !!!
    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

or you could just take the Kat and leave him in the dust, but if your set on the tie you better take the hog
    Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

The 03 Ultra runs what? 14's ?
      the Kat will run12's

it all comes down to the rear suspension set up on the El C and whats under the hood
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I don't think the Ultra will see any part of 14's, it's a dog compared to the Ultra. This is just for show to the kids.

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

Unless the Hog is built up quite a bit, I would take the Kat. My stock old Honda CX500 deluxe (aka baby Goldwing) tank that ran 15.7's in the 1/4, was quicker than my best friends '86 FXRS lowrider custom with the stock Evo in it when he bought it brand new. A stock Kat 600 is a lot quicker compared to those.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKat View Post
            Some of my students go to the local drag strip on Thursday evenings, so the Auto Shop teacher and I were talkin' 'bout racing each other there, just for fun. W
            He'll be driving his 1984 Chevy El Camino and we'll try to end the drag in a tie, but my dilema is....which bike do I take to race him? I'm thinkin' I better take the Harley, 'cause if I take the Kat and tie his car, the kids will think the Kat is a tank !!!
            I used to live in Randleman NC, and we used to go to Piedmont Drag Strip on Thursdays for "Ring Out What You Bring Out" night where they allow anyhitng that can get past a fairly liberal safety test to run the 1/8 mile. Smithfield is going more toward Raleigh, right ?

Very fun times
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Some of you are missing the point. The idea is to end the drag in a tie. I know both bikes can beat the car, the Kat would crush the car. The question isn't which bike will beat the car, but which would be more entertaining for the students to see "tie" the car at the end of the drag. They're going to bust my chops either way for not beating a car.

Comment

I totally dig the idea, man. Would've liked to see my teachers at the strip in high school.

I say take the hog....then you can always tell them the Kat would've wasted the car.

Comment

if thats the case take a highly modifed 2 stroke ..any one you got thats a show winner, plus the noise will get some looks

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKat View Post
                    Some of you are missing the point. The idea is to end the drag in a tie. I know both bikes can beat the car, the Kat would crush the car. The question isn't which bike will beat the car, but which would be more entertaining for the students to see "tie" the car at the end of the drag. They're going to bust my chops either way for not beating a car.
                    I think people like to see 1 of 2 things ...

1. A really close race (this would be the tie that you are speaking of)

2. A sho' nuff a$$ kickin' (damaging to most egos yet still very entertaining)

I live for option #2 ..... I'm either going to issue or recieve a whoopin'... that's just me, though
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

You are so correct.....I would LOVE to spank him like there's no tomorrow, but he's a good ol' country boy and his ego would be crushed.
                      He invited my wife and I to come see him in the "tractor pulls" last year. We get there and he has a 10 horse lawn mower that he uses for pulling. His "daddy" has a 25 horse lawn mower he uses to pull. I think I ticked him off when I re-named them the "lawn mower tugs" instead of the "tractor pulls". The kids get a kick out of me makin' fun of that......so I don't want to smoke him at the drags,,,,just have some fun.

Comment

Take the hog.
                        Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

1/8th at 84mph in 8.39 Last summer at Winterport, ME

Jetted, two bros slip on.

Comment

The Harley will do better in the 1/8th, low end torque.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Take the Harley out there
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X