X

tranny talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny talk

ok remember i'm new. when i'm cruseing at 10-15 miles or slower in 2nd gear, my bike seems to jerk until i throttle 4 more speed. is this jerking normal, or bad?. also how do i go about throttleing smooth enough when switching gears?, instead of jerking myself back from to much throttle.

Throttle? I thought this thread was about something else. Disregard, press on.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

shift into first... maybe... feather the clutch a little...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Seems like @ 10-15 mph I'd be in 1st gear. What rpm range are you experiencing the bucking at?
        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Yeah, stay in first a little longer. RPM's are not really high enough for second yet.
          Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

+1
            sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
            '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
            '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Check your chain - too much slack can cause jerkiness!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post

-
                -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by coggs View Post
                  +1
                  It should have about 1" of slack (from hanging position you can push it up 1 inch)

Comment

It bucks when i close the throttle and coast in 2nd at 10-15 mph hex

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                      Seems like @ 10-15 mph I'd be in 1st gear. What rpm range are you experiencing the bucking at?

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                        +1
                        It should have about 1" of slack (from hanging position you can push it up 1 inch)

Be sure to check the slack while you are sitting on the bike.. you'd be amazed at how the chain tightens when you sit on the bike... :

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Try shifting @ 4k to 5k and see if it still does it, if so it may be your chain.
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                            ...which begs the question...what are YOU into? You too Londob!! I'm all for non-discrimination, but I draw the line at Trannies
                            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Originally posted by coggs View Post
                              +1
                              Particularly noticeable at very low RPM's, where each bang of the engine puts a definitively separate jerk on the chain.

Old cush pads (rubber pads under the rear sprocket's mounting point) will also affect how much jerk there is -- the pads get hard & compressed over time and stop doing their job of helping suck up/dissipating the tug/slack cycle of the chain.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X