No announcement yet.
X

You Lucky Lucky B*st**ds!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah , but we're so USED to it , that when it spiked last year , MANY just couldn't afford to drive . I live on noodles a large portion of last year just so I could afford gas to get to work . And my car gets better millage than the bike . At least on the highway .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      Yeah , but we're so USED to it , that when it spiked last year , MANY just couldn't afford to drive . I live on noodles a large portion of last year just so I could afford gas to get to work . And my car gets better millage than the bike . At least on the highway .
      Last summer it was $90 to fill my car up from dead empty. That's a four door sedan. My truck was $55 @ $2/gallon, and that only lasted about 250 miles.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah dude , it went from taking about $20 to fill my car to over $50 , which would get me back & forth for about 4 days . That , plus my car payment , plus insurance , and like half my check went just to pay for the privilege of driving to work .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          I say it's to save $ on fuel, but that's a lie, I just like to ride.
          That's the same excuse I use
          Former Marine 3/97-3/01
          MOS 0161 Semper FI!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coggs View Post

BTW I had to smile when the 1st bike I spotted after landing at Orlando Int. was a Kat
            figured it would have been a gixxer or goldwing...with all the collage kids, and retiree's here...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome home!!

They'd have to cuff me onto the plane to get me to leave the sunshine!!
              Welcome back to blighty, Coggs!
              HeidiV
              ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

I'd like to say its nice to be back but since its rained for the last 2 days and turned so cold I've had to turn the heating back on - its not!!!

GET ME BACK TO 86deg F AND SUNSHINE AND BEACHES AND CHEAP FUEL AND CHEAP FOOD!!!!!
                I've started saving for next year already!!
                Last edited by coggs; 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Good deal coggs, next time make it the East Coast a little farther. Savannah Georgia and Charleston South Carolina are beautiful places.
                  Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

I hope you enjoyed your trip here
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

i ride my kat everyday to work and back, usually fill it up on sunday night and then on thursday evening for a total of about $9
                      R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

I save a lot of money just riding my bikes all the time, instead of my truck
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

We had an exchange student form Germany staying with us for a whie and he couldn't believe that I took the Kat out just for fun. He said they can't afford the gas to do that in Germany. Even when it was $4, he thought that was cheap.

Comment

Thanks - really enjoyed my first trip to the States - will definitely be back as soon as poss.

Comment

Originally posted by coggs View Post
                              Thanks - really enjoyed my first trip to the States - will definitely be back as soon as poss.
                              Awesome, glad to hear it
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X