finally got my permit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done on getting your permit!!

Originally posted by SgtCyborg View Post
    I guess the laws are different from state to state.... I took the MSF course last spring. In Maine its an 8 hour course with a multiple choice test at the end, I think it was something like 40-50 questions. Very easy. Then I had to go to the DMV with my MSF certificate and pick up the the permit, good for 2 years. For the license there is a 10-15 minute road test.... need to do that this spring, I think I'm ready.

Congrats on getting your permit!!
    In UK you have to do Compulsory Basic Training (riding around a carpark for half a day, followed by an hour or so on the road under supervision) before you can ride on the road on your own up to 125cc on learner plates, then Theory Test (now 50 or so multiple choice questions, followed by hazard perception clips), then training and practical test for the size of bike you want to ride (for bikes 500cc and over you can do Direct Access if you're over 21 or have ridden smaller bikes for 2 years - smaller bikes it's the Standard Bike Test).

It's sooooo worth any aggravation to get your licence - I wish I'd got mine years ago!!

Have fun and stay safe
    HeidiV
    ***Shiny side up***

Royal British Legion, Riders Branch

Comment

thanx everyone... i'm pretty stoked about it, don't know exactly what to expect in the MSF course, i'll have to wait and see

Originally posted by aaron210 View Post
      chevyguy where are you from in PA? good luck on your course..
      i'm in NW PA just south of erie

Comment

Good luck man, get back to us and let us know how you go/what you learnt!

Comment

Instead of being here shouldn't you be out practicing?

Comment

That's great. Sounds like you're starting off right. Make sure you get some good gear too, and wear it.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Good luck. Youuuu connnn dewww it.

Comment

Working...
                X