X

Anyone ever use anything like this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever use anything like this?

We have cameras every few miles here in Arizona, it is absolutely ridiculous.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRXB-LzZxU&feature=related"]YouTube - wireless LICENSE plate HIDE kit trydeal.com[/ame]

Just curious but why would you need a flip up license plate? What do the cameras have to do with it?
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

with the license plate up the camera cant take a picture for the cops to mail you a ticket assuming you are doing something illegal like speeding or running a red light
      Last edited by jono237; 04-14-2009, 02:05 AM.

Comment

i built one for my kat, with a track on it so it flips down, and insets. but i dont have the balls to install it. i get pulled over randomly far more than i pass by cameras, and i know i'd get that one assh*le cop who would notice the odd plate mount, and come down hard on me.

hell, here's what i have to put up with-
        leaving work, there's one road i can take to go home, thats it. the police like to roadblock this road on a frequent basis. i get pulled over 9/10 times, they claim its a seatbelt check, and see no problem with pulling my bike over at it.

One week before i pulled my bike off the road to paint it, i was pulled over while merging onto the highway, and had to cross the white line because there was a car stalled in the lane. i was given a $400 ticket for not signalling (i did), crossing a white line (which was unavoidable), speeding (in the right lane, lazily following an old honda) and for not having my license with me.

Got the bike back together on a sunday night, got pulled over and ticketed at that roadblock on monday morning. hadnt even been together for 12 hours.
        charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

We bend our plate here and blam it on the kids in the local area or blam it on the bike cover getting caught up in the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
            i built one for my kat, with a track on it so it flips down, and insets. but i dont have the balls to install it. i get pulled over randomly far more than i pass by cameras, and i know i'd get that one assh*le cop who would notice the odd plate mount, and come down hard on me.

hell, here's what i have to put up with-
            leaving work, there's one road i can take to go home, thats it. the police like to roadblock this road on a frequent basis. i get pulled over 9/10 times, they claim its a seatbelt check, and see no problem with pulling my bike over at it.

One week before i pulled my bike off the road to paint it, i was pulled over while merging onto the highway, and had to cross the white line because there was a car stalled in the lane. i was given a $400 ticket for not signalling (i did), crossing a white line (which was unavoidable), speeding (in the right lane, lazily following an old honda) and for not having my license with me.

Got the bike back together on a sunday night, got pulled over and ticketed at that roadblock on monday morning. hadnt even been together for 12 hours.
            Thats just horrible and for every good cop there is a bad one who will hassle you just because he can.

In Arizona the state has a huge budget shortfall, so they have installed these "speed' cameras every few miles along the major interstates. This isnt for public safety it is for revenue generation of which I am not going to be part of. lastly, since every road here in Az is always under construction its difficult for anyone who rides these roads to ever know what the speed limit is at any given time.

Originally posted by jono237 View Post
            with the license plate up the camera cant take a picture for the cops to mail you a ticket assuming you are doing something illegal like speeding or running a red light
            I admit I like to run more than 55/65 in some places of highway. I never run red lights or hooligan in the city. I have only ever had 2 speeding tickets (on the bike) in 21 years of legal, responsible street riding.

That said I dont agree with what arizona is doing right now on their highways.
            Last edited by Kapp555; 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I built a few of these for a couple of Hot Rods. Worked great for parking at car shows and loading onto trailers. I forgot to let it down once and got pulled over so I wired it into the e-bake switch so whenever the car was moving the plate would come down.

....That flipped pretty quick... mine used an electric actuator and took two or three seconds to completly come down.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

When I was a young rider, it was common for people to put their plates on springs, so while moving it would be flipped parallel to the road, and when you slowed/stopped it was down.

The latest one I've seen is an LCD screen that has to be powered on to be clear -- when the power is cut, the screen goes gray.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The latest one I've seen is an LCD screen that has to be powered on to be clear -- when the power is cut, the screen goes gray.
                  i saw something like that in a magazine the other day. i didn't look it up for more info though, but it looked like a cover/frame that went over the plate and had a switch that would flip it between visible and not
                  2004 Katana
                  GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I just moved mine into the fenderwell and put some LED bolt lights on it. I have several friends who are cops and they like it. Only one said it was close. From the side of the street you cannot see it, but from the back it looks great. Even had one cop pull up behind me and ran my plate, didn't pull me over. That being said I have yet to set off a speed camera on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTJ View Post
                      i saw something like that in a magazine the other day. i didn't look it up for more info though, but it looked like a cover/frame that went over the plate and had a switch that would flip it between visible and not
                      Id be interested in this if you can find more information or give me a name to look up?

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLpMzMSj9w"]YouTube - license plate test with lcd glass[/ame]
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

haha that is awesome. and i would imagine that it would be very hard to detect by a cop is wired tastefully. I know some really good cops, and I know some that aren't as good. Seems like cameras, ticket quotas, and the like reinforce a negative image for the police department.
                          "Do, or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

sigpic

Comment

Ya here in az i know what you mean about the cameras everywhere, even some cops dont like it (because they got a ticket or two from one)

Comment

Oooohh its magic!

Comment

Working...
                              X