X

Anyone ever use anything like this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckenwright View Post
    I just moved mine into the fenderwell and put some LED bolt lights on it. I have several friends who are cops and they like it. Only one said it was close. From the side of the street you cannot see it, but from the back it looks great. Even had one cop pull up behind me and ran my plate, didn't pull me over. That being said I have yet to set off a speed camera on the bike.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/u...t/DSC00268.jpg
    That's a good idea. How did you mount it? Do you have more pics of the bracket?

Here is SC any kind of license plate cover whether clear or otherwise is illegal. So merely having the plate covered would be probable cause to pull you over. As far as other mods go, I do not know what the law says. I imagine it is similar in that it is illegal. I know it does not stop you from being harassed from time to time, but I think I will just go the speed limit and not worry about it too much.
    Last edited by jedney; 04-16-2009, 07:59 AM.
    Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Ha, I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
        i built one for my kat, with a track on it so it flips down, and insets. but i dont have the balls to install it. i get pulled over randomly far more than i pass by cameras, and i know i'd get that one assh*le cop who would notice the odd plate mount, and come down hard on me.

hell, here's what i have to put up with-
        leaving work, there's one road i can take to go home, thats it. the police like to roadblock this road on a frequent basis. i get pulled over 9/10 times, they claim its a seatbelt check, and see no problem with pulling my bike over at it.

One week before i pulled my bike off the road to paint it, i was pulled over while merging onto the highway, and had to cross the white line because there was a car stalled in the lane. i was given a $400 ticket for not signalling (i did), crossing a white line (which was unavoidable), speeding (in the right lane, lazily following an old honda) and for not having my license with me.

Got the bike back together on a sunday night, got pulled over and ticketed at that roadblock on monday morning. hadnt even been together for 12 hours.

You have VERY BAD LUCK maybe you should not leave you house haha

Comment

Pfft i wish i had bad luck, then it would at least make some sense.

the cops here are just that bad. Despite what proponents of it say, canada sucks. BAD.

why would i say that? how about a few reasons:
          1. We have no freedom of speech. Yep. none. not in the charter. Those of us who dissent and protest are routinely arrested, tazered, beaten, and if you're a member of the media- they take your cameras and delete the images and videos. you probably never heard that before, but thats because we're not allowed to talk about it.

2. (More of an extension) Hate is illegal here. If i call someone a F***ot, even if i'm kidding around, i can be sent to jail and fined for "exposing another to hate, or a hateful environment". THe definition of exposing another to hate is at the discrimination of the officer handling it. People are routinely arrested and sent to jail for comments they left on online forums like this one.

3. Our government does not even TRY to hide its corruption (this is BC). We are going to have the olympics here in vancouver, but vancouver is full of homeless people and drug addicts- so the police flooded downtown vancouver, and began a mass ticketing campaign, fining everyone they could for every reason they could think of, regardless of how petty. We're talking about things like cops handing out $170 tickets to homeless people for loitering and jaywalking. Instead of helping them- they're driving them out like vermin. And this recent one's my favorite.

They bought ALL adspace, to shut us up and force "official" products down our throats

4. WHen our police are accused of corruption, breaking the law, or overstepping their bounds, guess who investigates the claims?
          they do. Not a separate branch, office or division. The RCMP investigates the RCMP, and does not answer to a civilian organization.

I hope they hurry up and just force us into the North american Union already and stop jerking us around by pretending we have any rights or say left.
          charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Useing something like this...is just asking for trouble.
            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland View Post
              Useing something like this...is just asking for trouble.

Yup, it's asking to get your bike impounded.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Maybe you are using it when you go to the track do you think the cops will buy that????

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKJFLOWERS View Post
                  Maybe you are using it when you go to the track do you think the cops will buy that????
                  No, they will probably charge you with even more for trying to pass some bull**** like that off.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                  X