X

Need a quick picture...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a quick picture...

This should be a quickie, can someone post a closeup shot of the 2 tank mounting bolts on a 98+? They are the ones the front of the seat rests on, I forgot how they are supposed to mount (which rubber cushions and bolts to use) and the fiche isn't much help. Bonus points if you can take one of them out and post a pic of the individual parts.

Thanks!

Last edited by rexazz2; 04-12-2009, 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

So THAT'S what it looks like when you have all the hardware...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post

Bingo, thanks!

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        So THAT'S what it looks like when you have all the hardware...
        everyone's got jokes

I haven't had the tank on in over a year, I forgot how the bolts went on. I just remembered about the seat cushion bolts for the tail a few days ago, and came to find out that over the last 13 months a ton of the cushions and rubber grommets evaporated.
        Last edited by Cheech; 04-12-2009, 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Cheech View Post
          everyone's got jokes
          No joke, I just had the screws, no rubber.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheech View Post
            Bingo, thanks!

everyone's got jokes

I haven't had the tank on in over a year, I forgot how the bolts went on. I just remembered about the seat cushion bolts for the tail a few days ago, and came to find out that over the last 13 months a ton of the cushions and rubber grommets evaporated.
            Do you have a dog ?
            Apparently these little rubber pieces make great chew toys

Comment

My bike doesnt have any rubber grommets.... not even on the fairings.... I gues thats what 17 years, 45000 miles and who knows how many owners does to a bike.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Mine didnt have half of the hardware when I bought it. I spent almost 200 bux at bike bandit replacing bolts, groments, and other misc. stuff.
                01 Kat 750- daytona blue, black and gunmetal powdercoat, yoshi RS-3, 03+ tail section , Barnett Kevlar clutch and springs, 8k HID's, racerback seat cowl, polished lips and painted rotors, tinted windscreen, lowered, smoked turn and tail lights, intergraded led tail light KatRiders decals,184 White leds! More of them to come.
                Repaint this winter, along with some other stuff

Comment

when i bought my bike the bolts were snapped off in the threads and the bottom grommets were on but not the top, obviously...btw the air filter in that pic looks dirty as **** lol
                  "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Dank View Post
                    when i bought my bike the bolts were snapped off in the threads and the bottom grommets were on but not the top, obviously...btw the air filter in that pic looks dirty as **** lol
                    and she runs like a dream !!!

Comment

oh yeah that really does suck.... so i guess you must hear a lot of noise on the bike then. well best of luck to you.

Comment

Just so I have this straight, the order is:

Screw
                        Metal Washer
                        Rubber Cushion
                        Metal Washer
                        Tank
                        Rubber Cushion
                        Metal Receiving Bracket

That sound about right?

Comment

YEah, that's right. The rubber cushion with the "outtie" goes on the bottom.
                          Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

I had to look it up too as my bike wasnt bolted down correctly. It is now.

Comment

My kat didnt even come with bolts for the tank, still doesnt have any.

oh well, it makes for easy access when random things like my THROTTLE CABLE COMING LOOSE on the highway happen during a group ride

Comment

Working...
                              X