X

03 Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 Kat?

alright ladies and gentlemen, i have a friend who is interested in getting a bike. specifically a blue 03 kat. now he doesn't know much about the bike in question other than it has been well taken care of. what i would like to know is are there any issues with the 03 kats that he should be aware of? or perhaps not issues but other oddities such as scantily clad 20 somethings magically appearing when the bike is turned on? these are the things i wish to know. =P

thanks in advance for your knowledge and patience.

pretty rock solid...no scantily clad chicks ever appear when i start mine...but the wife often yells at me

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

but its the neighbors and there guys....

Comment

No NHTSA recalls on the '03 model.
        No inherent defects in the '03 models that I am aware of.
        Common failures:
        - 2nd gear fork/gear failure in the transmission due to bad shifting habits; if present, walk away.
        - Aftermarket, above 55/60 watt headlight bulbs tend to melt wiring & connectors.

Other than that, it's strictly down to appropriate maintenance and a lack of wrecking it.
        See:
        CyberPoet's used motorcycle pre-purchase inspection checklist.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i just bought an 03 kat 600 blue and its awsome for what i can see.... the only thing i had to put in was a jet kit. well the guy had put a k&n filter and a pipe and never jetted it.... he told me that the bike of his friend never ran right after it had been played in the carbs. i took the bike for a spin to get it at my dealership...... the bike was dangerous i dont know how the hell could he ride that.... now i think thats why he sold it.... so much lag but when it went tho watch out smoking tire lol.... so if he says that theres a pipe on it and he never put a jet kit in it be prepared to put one.... exept for that the bikes runs amasingly good compared to my 04 suzuki gs500f

Comment

or put the stock pipe back on. i got one for sale mint
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
              or put the stock pipe back on. i got one for sale mint
              yeah well i wanted a pipe on mine lol....... just he did it stupidly i fixed it lol.... now it runs like a charm.....

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                No NHTSA recalls on the '03 model.
                No inherent defects in the '03 models that I am aware of.
                Common failures:
                - Aftermarket, above 55/60 watt headlight bulbs tend to melt wiring & connectors.
                I had that happen to mine. Other than that, I was the scantily clad chick that apeared. lmaoo
                No lONgeR a kAtOwnER

Comment

Working...
                X