X

first ride!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ride!

So today I finally went for my first ride ever on a Katana and I loved it. It's really comfortable, tons of power.
    The crappy part is I'm still getting used to the friction point comming from stopped to first and there was all these chicks standing outside a DQ and I stalled twice in front of them. Smooth
    1999 Katana 750

lol I think that happens to all of us once in a while. Once you get a little more time on it, the clutch won't be nearly as much of a problem starting out.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
      So today I finally went for my first ride ever on a Katana and I loved it. It's really comfortable, tons of power.
      The crappy part is I'm still getting used to the friction point comming from stopped to first and there was all these chicks standing outside a DQ and I stalled twice in front of them. Smooth
      The bunny come's out on Sunday not Friday !!! but it's all good be safe and have fun !!!
      sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

Just keep at her and all will be good. When I first started riding I went on back roads through my town where there was no traffic and lots of intersections. I stopped at every one to get the take off under control. After that I progressively moved to more crowded roads until I was comfortable around cars.

Comment

Haha, it's ok. I remember my instructor stalled out when i took the MSF. It happens to everybody.
          Let's go riding!

Comment

HAHA that sucks it happens all the time. I have been riding for years and i still do it every once in a while

Comment

Lol chicks out front of a Dairy Queen? Haha, sounds like they weren't all that impressive themselves!

Comment

Just go to an open parking lot, (with no hot chicks watching) and practice going through a few of the gears up... and then back down to stop... and from a stop... start all over again... Make as many laps as you need to... The clutch will become second nature to you in no time. Then go and find the Hot Chicks...
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

lol nice story! Practice makes perfect. The empty parking lot makes for great practice space. Enjoy the ride bro!
                  Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                    Excellent! As others have said, you will get use to the clutch, just take the time to practice. If you haven't yet, take the MSF course and spend some time getting use to the bike before you go out onto busy roads and freeways.

Comment

yeah I've done the course and I got the bike all figured out now, it was just getting used to the workings of a different bike
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

haha congrats on the first ride!

i actually was at a stop light a few days ago, and some guy started asking me about it. then the light turned green and i stalled. haha i felt so dumb, but then once i got it i gunned it, leaving him in the dust, haha
                        "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Happens to everybody.

Comment

So to avoid that ever happing again here is what you do. Every time you are stopped and start to take off just wrap the RPM up to 10,000 and pop the clutch you will never stall again haha

Comment

lol, i'm sure you will be fine. Be safe and wait awhile before trying to impress those chicks!

Comment

Working...
                              X