X

spring cleaning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring cleaning

ok all. like i posted earlier, i'm new to the site, and know this question might have been asked before, just not by me so here it goes. I would like to know some of your bike cleaning tips. what and how do u get your bike nice and pretty.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
    Chrome Project Part 1
    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

I just wash it really good and they put liquid polish on it. And i use WD-40 on the rims to clean them and shine

Comment

i use windex and paper towls to clean the fairings,and most everything else too. i use a little brake cleaner on a rag to get those stubborn chain lube mattress stains off the swingarm and rear wheel
        thoughts create things

Comment

Pledge works good and is cheap if you dont wanna clean your bike really well. Also. plexus is a favorite for a lot of people.

Comment

Bike .....CLEANING ? I thought that's what rain was for .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My Bf bought me a super-duty motorcycle cleaning kit with a little suitcase, I kid you not. That's what I use to clean it, wax it, etc. It has all these hardcore tools like wheel brushes and attachments. But secretly I think it was one of those gifts you give because you know you're going to us it a lot too because he is constantly in the driveway using MY kit, lol!

Comment

I like to polish it with Plexus. I clean the chain with kerosene and a toothbrush and the rims too.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Windex and paper towel FTW, gets those damn bugs off. I have some Meguiars "between waxing" mist that works really well. Nice and shiny.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

if your one of those - eeverything must remain spottless types - a selection of brushes - tooth brush bottle brush hand brush toilet brush - all come in handy for difficult bits fingers cant get
                    couple of cloths and sponges and a chamoise leather
                    ordinary washing liquid and warm water over the fairings - if things are really clogged with grease add some laundry powder - this stuff is designed to cut through grease and works very well applied with a brush, for oily greasy marks - get a pack of wetwipes/baby wipes - theres something in them that cuts through it like knife to butter .

after your done cleaning and have rinsed it and got it all pollished - dont use T-cut as an everyday type pollish - its not - i know people that do this and then wonder why there laquer seems to be removed and turning dull
                    use T-cut for when its really bad and scuffed - it is a rubbing compound not a pollish
                    use a wax or even pledge
                    make sure you re-wax your chain or oil it wichever you prefer - a little wd-40 over the wire connectors puts a protective layer from corrosion
                    start the bike up and allow it to tick over for a few minutes - this will warm the engine and any water will evaporate - then using an oily rag id give the fork legs a quick wipe any steel bolts and the like to deter corrosion

or if your the sort that just wants a quick get the dead flys off kinda wash - just leave it in the rain or chuck your mop bucket at it after youve done the kitchen floor lol <<< i was just kidding about that part lol
                    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Damnh , if it's nice enough out for all THAT ,I'd rather ride it . I mean , you gotta be REALLY anal or OCD to go through all THAT crap !
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Md, What do you use to wash the road rash off?
                        Blackdog
                        DRz-400e plated
                        Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

I am with the "washing?" crowd. I should prolly do it this year tho... that back rim is looking pretty dirty....
                          Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

This is what I use [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vasc8ghyu1g"]YouTube - Sexy Subaru Forester Sumo Carwash[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                              Damnh , if it's nice enough out for all THAT ,I'd rather ride it . I mean , you gotta be REALLY anal or OCD to go through all THAT crap !
                              i can never be bothered cleaning my bikes - ever
                              id rather be riding in any weather - if it gets really dirty ill grab an old rag and wipe the seat so i can at least sit in a clean spot

i know peeps that do go through that cleaning routine - and cant help but think - in 5 mins (especially on our uk weathered roads) thats gonna have been all for nothing
                              i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Working...
                              X