Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

how much did you spend on your first bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first was my '95 750 Kat, bought it for $800 with 3875 miles on it. It had been dropped, so it needed some parts and the plastics didn't look great, but mechanically it was great (except that the kickstand was a little too bent, so it kept shutting off when I put it into gear...which was a big part of why I got it so cheap, the guy I bought it off of had no idea why it kept shutting off).

At the end of last riding season when I sold it to a buddy, it had ~38K miles on it and still runs great.

Bought my current '92 1100 Kat for $1550. Had also been dropped and was missing a few things, but the plastics aren't nearly as bad as ones on my 750 were.

Bought my 750 during February, and bought my 1100 in October, so neither purchase was really during riding season, think I got a couple weeks on the 1100 before I had to put it away, and even those were cold rides, had it not been a new (to me) bike, I may not have ridden that late in the year.
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

i paid $2600 for an 01 600 katana. guy wanted 3K but offered 2500 cash and settled on 2600 and drove it home!
      R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

First bike - I paid $800 even for my 98 cat...which was laying in about 50 pieces in a bodyshops floor, covered with overspray from all of the customers cars. I packed it all in to my car, and towed the bike home. After about 2 days, a new battery, new spark plugs and a fuel filter she started right up!

The same thing with my brothers 93 katana 600, I found it through a friend for $800. It didn't run, so we changed the battery and spark plugs and she started right up!

Comment

100 bucks 83 honda shadow
          sigpic

Comment

$600 for the bike I have now. It was in pieces when I got it, so I had to teach myself about building and fixing bikes. I've spent a lot since then, and still have some to go, but when I'm done, it will be MY kat. Not another one out there like it.
            94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

I just picked up my first bike a few weeks ago. It is a 1993 kat 600 with 11,000 miles and I paid $1300 for it.

It needs a bit maintenance, but I think it will be a good start. I took the MSF a few years back, so once the maintenance is done, I'll re-learn to ride.
              1993 Kat 600 & 1999 Kat 750

Comment

my first street bike was in high scool days in 1978 it was a honda cb -350 four then in two years it was a 1969 honda 750 gray with a open kerker

Comment

now do 01 kats have any problems at all? also how much is it worth on average?
                  i found one locally, sounds like a good deal to pass it on.
                  Last edited by shinna202; 04-10-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

I'm 19 and I bought my first ever bike about 2 months ago. I payed 2k for my 99' katana 600 with about 9800 miles on it. Great buy.

Comment

I paid $2000 for my 02 kat 600 I'm happy it's all good !!
                      sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

i payed 2600 for mine which was a bit much but it came with new tires, fork oil changed and new fork seals and inspection from the dealer and mostly peace of mind as at the time i was def a noob at bikes and still am a little bit but i know my way around it for the most part now. o yea it was a 1996 kat 600 and to this day i have no regrets nor have i had any major problems with it just the standard maintenance.

Comment

My first bike was an '86 Shadow 500 I paid $250 and a Claymore sword from the renn-fest for ( cost me like $60) . I rode to the post office with the sword strapped to the bike so I could ship it to my dad . I sold the bike the following spring for $500 .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

paid $2k for my Kat & $4k for the wifey's ninja 500...

Didn't get to ride the Kat that often....something about it being untitled and not paid for by a previous owner...
                            Still racked up around 5k miles on it in my first season of riding..

However, I paid $4k for the R1, and have enjoyed every ride I've taken it on... Best $ I've ever spent.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I paid $4600 off the showroom floor for my Kat in 1989. (First street bike). One dirt bike prior to that was a Honda 125 for $125. One dollar a CC what a deal!!
                              Bill
                              1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                              sigpic

Comment

About 1500 US in 1998 on a 1984 CB750S Honda Nighthawk S. Changed tires and ran problem free for 6 years then upgraded to a newer bike. What was nice about it was it was a shaft drive so no chain issues - just change oil once in a while. Also had hydraulic valve lifters, so no adjusting as you would need for kats for example. Had a LED gear indicator too. Buyer is still riding it as far as I know.
                                2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                                X