X

Pre 98 slider info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 slider info

I have decided to start a new official thread regarding the pre 98 sliders due to so many questions in diferent forums and a old titling of others.

The current standings feel free to comment......

1st i will explain the complication of sliders for a pre 98. There is no place to mount a slider in a vent without the lower part of the of both upper and lower fairings still hitting the ground, unless you want about a 10" long slider . So this inloves having to cut into the fairing for a suitable mounting location, but if the fairing bends then it could damage the fairing anyways. So i had to design a ridged bracket that wont bend, but that could cause frame damage. So i found a extremly sturdy and strond place on the frame that wont bend or twist, but its not where the slider needs to be. So to some it all up i had to design a bracket that will not bend, will mount on the strongest part of the frame and place the slider in the right spot to protect the fairings.

Well good news i have made the design that works, so far... Now am facing the problem of using the right materials in order to keep everything strong at better speed/impact. But stronger material means more money. I dont want the bracket bending into the farings so i have to make it extremely strong, but that cost money. I can say that there seems to be no problem with frame stability or risk of damage.

I have made many prototypes using aluminum and have tested them all, in these test the frame has held up but all results have ended in the slider or bracket bending. Well today i tested another using aliminum there was almost no twisting or bending of the bracket, but im not sure thats good enough for me. So i have decided to make a stainless steel bracket so that there will be no rust and alot of strength.

I know my original post stated janurary and i keep tell people a few more weeks. But really do you want me to rush this and maybe make a part that is not perfect for all situations. So here is where i stand on it.
    It is on the top of my list i am woking with someone else who has alot of experience and i mean alot. But he is very busy and i want this to be done right. So with that said i am working on it as fast as i can, and hopefully i will start selling them soon. I will keep a constant update on this thread of the standings of them. I feel bad about not having them ready yet, and dont want to tell anyone there not ready yet. But i have been telling people a couple weeks for several months, afraid that i may lose a possible customer. We have made alot of progess, i feel the next prototype should be prefect, and if so then i can start sales. I will not have the new prototype ready and tested for at least 2 weeks. So if its not been 2 weeks since this post or from a time posted on a update to this, please dont ask if there ready because i am only going to send you a message saying " hopefully in a couple weeks".

Now i want to encourage you to everyone to ask any questions or concerns you may have and i will try to answer them daily. Also dont forget to visit www.scrmotorcycles.com , now with alot of part strictly for the katana, even stuff you may have not know they made.

Thanks
    Matthew Braunstein
    SCR Motorcycles
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

well its good to hear ur testing in every aspect keep it up and let us kno when there ready

Comment

I'm waiting, and will be a customer once you get them worked out, how ever long that is.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        I'm waiting, and will be a customer once you get them worked out, how ever long that is.

Krey
        I'll wait for top notch sliders even if it takes longer. I gots my moneys waiting.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Ok i got some new pieces ready today and will be testing them this weekend. I will update after that.
          Katana Frame Sliders
          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

also new domain name www.KatanaOutlet.com
            Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Can't say that front fairings are a problem for me. I took them off. Can't wait to have this product available!!!
              Will Lemke (OOMPA)

Comment

very soon, with no bodywork you will want to buy the 98+ sliders.

I have the final design for the pre 98 katana, and we got all the production material in yesterday. So we will make one more test set to make sure everything is perfect.
                Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Anxiously waiting.
                  sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                  '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                  '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Hi I have a '90 600 that I'm making into a fighter. So I have taken off the front fairings. I saw that i should then get the Post '98 sliders, Where would those mount up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ajcowan View Post
                      Hi I have a '90 600 that I'm making into a fighter. So I have taken off the front fairings. I saw that i should then get the Post '98 sliders, Where would those mount up?
                      They will mount on the frame in the same spot as a 98 and newer. Right where the the horizontal and vertial frame meet together in front of the engine.
                      Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Wait this doesn't make sense to me... if we have to cut into the fairings with your pre 98 sliders in development, why don't we just get your post 98 sliders since they fit. You have to cut into the fairings regardless.
                        1997 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Ralls View Post
                          Wait this doesn't make sense to me... if we have to cut into the fairings with your pre 98 sliders in development, why don't we just get your post 98 sliders since they fit. You have to cut into the fairings regardless.
                          If the post sliders would fit then he wouldn't be developing pre sliders now would he? QED.
                          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Read the first post. The 98+ sliders fit the pre 98, but the lower body will still hit the ground if you use the 98+ sliders, becuase the bodywork is wider on the bottom of the pre 98 than the 98+. But if you dont have body work on a pre 98 then thats not an issue and you could use either slider.
                            Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Update. I did finalize one design that worked for low speed, but i wanted it to be even better so i came up with another and once i finish the proto and test it which should be very soon. This design will be stronger to protect in mid and low and possibly high speed falls with without the risk of frame damage and still protect the bodywork. It will also have a better look too.

So i know i have been saying soon since december, but i want to ensure that everything will be perfect for you. All materials have been ordered and the process has already been started. I am confident in saying very very soon, due to that it doesnt make sense to start selling them when its winter again. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
                              Matthew
                              Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Working...
                              X