X

busa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busa

ok so ant the busa like the bigdaddy of the kat? ive noticed the kat owners get raged on alot. but the busa is allrite with the " sportbike croud" whats up with that. raged or not i like my kat.
    sigpic

Of modern vehicles, probably the Bandit is closer to being the big dada to the Kat. Basically the same engine design.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

The Kat is more like the turd that gets shot out of the Busa's exhaust. Sorry, but it's true. I still love it though.
      sigpic

Comment

if you park an old Kat 1100 next to a first gen Busa- you will see the Similarities between the two.

Comment

The 98+ Kat Fairings and the Busa Fairings came out of the same bit of computational processing -- the concepts that Suzuki would end up using on the Busa were tested & vetted on the Kat, then further refined before the Busa's design was finalized and it shipped.

I'd be actually very interested in what a new Busa would look like these days if they started with a clean-sheet design instead of having to bring forward the appearance & much of the design-ethos of the old version in the new ones... Fluid computation has come a long way in the past decade and processor cycles are far cheaper.

KNOW THIS:
          The Busa was the fastest production bike when it was released, not because of the HP levels, nor even because of how it opened the wind-bubble around the bike, but specifically because of how it closed the wind-envelope behind it. Most bikes leave a very large suction bubble (& lots of vortexes) behind them in their wake that effectively "pull backwards" on the bike and the rider. That pull increases as speed increases and becomes a major limiting factor in achieving massive speeds. The tail-light & fairing shapes were specifically designed to help close the envelope more smoothly and eliminate much of that drag at triple-digit speeds.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

they say if you take care of the Kat then some day it will grow up to be a Busa!

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
              they say if you take care of the Kat then some day it will grow up to be a Busa!
              lol
              [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                The Kat is more like the turd that gets shot out of the Busa's exhaust. Sorry, but it's true. I still love it though.
                sad but true....but i'd buy another Kat before I'd buy a Busa....I cant afford any more runs in with FHP (FL Highway patrol)

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

This is probably a re-post but IMHO, the linage goes ...
                  GS1100ES

GSX1100F

..... and after a few years the GSX1300R

... You can see the family resemblance
                  The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

This is the REAL story:

The old skool '80's Kat was a slick rat bastage that liked to party hard and loose. An original "bad boy". One night he took a look at this hot, under age GSX-R and said "Man, I'd hit that "Yoshimura-Style"! Cunning dawg that he was, he whispered some sweet nothings in her intake and got her hammered on Motul, the hard stuff.

Anyway, Gixxie gets knocked up and the whole Gix Clan comes gunning for the Kat and forces a shotgun wedding to make her an honest bike and give the illegitimate little 600 a Dad. The "marriage" lasted a few years giving spawn to a 750 and a 1100 that tried to be like Dad but he just didn't have it in him.

Gixxie eventually left him went back home and remarried an intriguing young man named Tiller. Her Mother tried to stop her from making another mistake but Gixxie was headstrong and tempestuous (ok, horny).

A year after the wedding she ultimately met the man of her dreams. A big, brawny, mysterious man that moved to town in '99. No one knew where he came from. He bore no family resemblance to anyone they ever knew. He looked like no other, but he was the man every woman wanted and the bada$$ every man wanted to be. He was dangerous but you could tell he'd be gentle in the right hands. She was smitten at first sight, but alas, they traveled in different circles (actually, she did most of the circles - he mostly did straight lines.) Rumor was that he had family in town but no one believed it. They thought he was much too cool and unique to ever be related to anyone they knew.

But one night, after coming back from the hospital visiting her husband after his third Olins hip replacement, she passed by her ex-husband's place and saw a curious sight: The new guy and her old ex were sitting down in the driveway, sharing a six-pack of synthetic. The old carbed geezer and the young ram-air buck, talking and laughing. She stopped a ways up the street and creeped back out of sight to eavesdrop.

They acted as if they knew each other from a long time ago. Trading stories and knowing looks, they seemed like kindred spirits, the old 1100 and the slick 1300. She shook her triple tree in unbelief. The 1300 was actually looking up to the Kat with awe and reverence, hanging on every word the old bike said. Suddenly she heard something that made her tremble on her kickstand. She heard the new guy say "I learned everything from you, Pops.", and the old Kat responded, "you're making the family proud, son".

Her carbs swimming, she slowly puttered off, realizing that she had totally misjudged her ex.

Then she remembered the bastage GS500 love-child he had by that tramp Marauder and said, "Frick him!"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                      This is the REAL story:

The old skool '80's Kat was a slick rat bastage that liked to party hard and loose. An original "bad boy". One night he took a look at this hot, under age GSX-R and said "Man, I'd hit that "Yoshimura-Style"! Cunning dawg that he was, he whispered some sweet nothings in her intake and got her hammered on Motul, the hard stuff.

Anyway, Gixxie gets knocked up and the whole Gix Clan comes gunning for the Kat and forces a shotgun wedding to make her an honest bike and give the illegitimate little 600 a Dad. The "marriage" lasted a few years giving spawn to a 750 and a 1100 that tried to be like Dad but he just didn't have it in him.

Gixxie eventually left him went back home and remarried an intriguing young man named Tiller. Her Mother tried to stop her from making another mistake but Gixxie was headstrong and tempestuous (ok, horny).

A year after the wedding she ultimately met the man of her dreams. A big, brawny, mysterious man that moved to town in '99. No one knew where he came from. He bore no family resemblance to anyone they ever knew. He looked like no other, but he was the man every woman wanted and the bada$$ every man wanted to be. He was dangerous but you could tell he'd be gentle in the right hands. She was smitten at first sight, but alas, they traveled in different circles (actually, she did most of the circles - he mostly did straight lines.) Rumor was that he had family in town but no one believed it. They thought he was much too cool and unique to ever be related to anyone they knew.

But one night, after coming back from the hospital visiting her husband after his third Olins hip replacement, she passed by her ex-husband's place and saw a curious sight: The new guy and her old ex were sitting down in the driveway, sharing a six-pack of synthetic. The old carbed geezer and the young ram-air buck, talking and laughing. She stopped a ways up the street and creeped back out of sight to eavesdrop.

They acted as if they knew each other from a long time ago. Trading stories and knowing looks, they seemed like kindred spirits, the old 1100 and the slick 1300. She shook her triple tree in unbelief. The 1300 was actually looking up to the Kat with awe and reverence, hanging on every word the old bike said. Suddenly she heard something that made her tremble on her kickstand. She heard the new guy say "I learned everything from you, Pops.", and the old Kat responded, "you're making the family proud, son".

Her carbs swimming, she slowly puttered off, realizing that she had totally misjudged her ex.

Then she remembered the bastage GS500 love-child he had by that tramp Marauder and said, "Frick him!"
                      BRAVO!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

I see a sequel in the near future...maybe even a movie! (At least a soap).

Comment

lol
                        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                        Tony
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

Hilarious! And the old school GS1100E's where and are still one badass bike!
                          2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                          '94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                          X