X

LED pods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED pods

Hey I'm thinking of putting blue led pods to shine out through the holes in the farings of my kat (see pic, its an attachment because I can't firegure out how to add it in the post). I'm wondering though would it get to hot in there while I'm riding and melt or wreck the lights?
    Attached Files
    1999 Katana 750

a buddy tells me that extreme heat will effect life of the LED
    He builds lights for endurance racing and uses heat sinks to prolong their life
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I have 96 blue leds on my bike, and have had them for well over a year..no issues what so ever yet (I live in NC, and ride in 90f+ temps)
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I'm running a little over 80 LED's/pods and I haven't had any trouble. Just make sure you stick them to a clean dry surface and I highly recommend upgraded to a better 3M tape.
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Yeah i have bout 60 or so on my bike and have 4 under both sides of the frame never had an issue..just place them far enough from anything really hot..i did my own install and they turned out ok.
          pveity = 100%

Comment

Be careful, I live in California and I had LED strips down the lower part of the rear faring and was pulled over by the CHP and was given a fix-it ticket. if you plan on using them only while you are parked then you are cool.
            Shinny side up!

Comment

Originally posted by pveity View Post
              Yeah i have bout 60 or so on my bike and have 4 under both sides of the frame never had an issue..just place them far enough from anything really hot..i did my own install and they turned out ok.
              Either that or someplace that's going to get a lot of airflow. Look up a poster here name Ulshy, I copied most of his placement of my LED's. I have some flex strips left to place that I'm on my own for, but his placement is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
              X