X

more agressive stance on a pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more agressive stance on a pre

I was looking at the difference between my pre and Dynamic's post and am considering lowering the front a bit to give mine a slightly more agressive stance. Mainly, I just want the rear to be level or slightly higher than the front.

Anyone know how much I can lower it with out knocking the fender bottoming out? Also, what should I expect as far as handling characteristics?

Cheers,
    Izzy
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

4" is pretty much the limit, and thats the point where stuff starts getting smashed really easily. If you lower the front without lowering the back you're gonna be turning in a bit faster, this effect is magnified the more you lower it.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Am I just imagening things or do the backs of the pres sit a little low?
      -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
      -My wife

Comment

you don't have to lower it.

you can buy clip ons that will mount to the upper tripple arms and just below the top tripple clamp.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by izzy View Post
          Ok, thanks.

Am I just imagening things or do the backs of the pres sit a little low?
          Your rear shock may be sagging/getting old.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
            Your rear shock may be sagging/getting old.
            I asked myself the same, when I got my Katana I was just over 100lbs and that thing sank. I chalked it up to being 12 years old.

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I just got myself a lower mileage post 750 shock because of my current shock's age and mileage. Although it'll end up being a tad lower than replacing with a correct pre shock it has the remote reservoir and I think will give me a better overall ride.
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Get a used Bandit 1200 shock for the rear. That will lift the rear up, tighter it up also, and quicken the steering.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                  Get a used Bandit 1200 shock for the rear. That will lift the rear up, tighter it up also, and quicken the steering.

my thoughts exactly, or get some lift links from ne-oublie

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Just take off the fender. Problem solved.

Comment

I think I'm missing something?

Your talking about lowering the pre 98 but I havent seen any. I've only found the post 98 links. Are you useing the post 98 swingarm?
                      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

The op was just talking about lowering the front by sliding the forks up in the triple trees.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X