X

what is your riding position?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your riding position?

I'm curious how others do it. I read all the time about guys running 200-400 miles days at 85-90mph. How do yall do it. When I run about 80-85 my head is bounced around enough that I can't really do it and enjoy doing it for more than half an hour or so. Do you guys lay over on the tank? Do you ride straight up and down? Do you lean slightly over with relaxed arms? Just curious. I've been experiementing the last 3K or so and haven't really found my niche. By the way...I'm 6.0 170

Missionary, mostly.
    sigpic

Comment

Im normally at 45 degree angle so im not quite laying on the tank, but def. not strait up. This was kind of a strain at first, but i got the ratio of back and arm holding the weight, and now its not bad. On interstates i will hug the tank, but right now i have no windsceen so get the crap beat out of me by da wind if i dont. Newbs .02

Comment

You might want to look if your helmet might not be a bit too loose ... a very snug helmet reduces the head bashing. Also the higher the speed the lower you need to go on the tank.

and Tom ... I didn't figure you to be the boring missionnary type guy
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

Im about a 45 degree except then I am meeting tractor trailors then I lay on the tank. Hug the tank with your legs and relax your arms. Is it possible that your helmet is to big?

Comment

+1 on the helmet. I had an older helmet and my head got beat all over the place...when I got my new one, all wind problems were gone.
            sigpic

Comment

45 degrees in da city and huggin da tank on da highway!
              [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

When I road From Phoenix to LA on the slab I rotated positions a lot. I went from riding with "good posture" sitting pretty well strait up, to the 45 degree to laying on the tank. When I was laying on the tank I also would sometimes put my feet on the rear pegs to get a different angle on the legs as well.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Last summer, i rode from Buffalo to NYC ~400miles, my average speed for the journey was about 70 with brief stints above 80 or so. I am 6', 165lbs and also experience helmet buffering especially as the speed increases. It get a little tiring @ high speeds for extended periods of time. At slower highway speeds, i am more relaxed and therefore can travel farther. Have you though about a taller windshield?

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Learn to use your legs to take pressure off your hands.
                      Ride often that way and your core will strengthen making it easier to ride longer.

Take a break. I was good for about 100mi on my Kat (highway) then I was looking for a pit stop. It was better on the back roads as I move a lot in turns lessening the fatigue.

And sounds like you need a different helmet.
                      sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                      A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                        Missionary, mostly.
                        My thoughts as soon as I read the title.:mrgreen:

Comment

...feet on the pegs and hands on the grips.

Comment

i guess 45 degrees would be an accurate way to describe my position, sitting closer to back of the seat

Comment

I used to notice wind buffetting on the Kat when I first started riding it(almost 15 years ago), but now I don't really notice it unless it's from a strong side wind, I think over time if you ride high speeds regularly, your neck muscles get stronger so it doesn't bother you as much.
                              John,
                              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X