X

finished garager door opener

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished garager door opener

It took about 1 hour do do the job. I bet I can do it in less than 1/2 that now. Now when I flash my high beams the garage door opens. This is a great little Mod and didnt cost me anything but time. I realy suggest this if any of you live on a hill and need the door open when you go up the drive. I love it.
    05 Kat 600
    Yoshi RS3
    Bar Risers
    Road Attacks
    Fumoto Valve
    Corbin Seat w / backrest
    Sportech black chrome windscreen
    Custom garage door opener

I'm wiring mine into my horn.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

that would be real easy too. But I dont want to alert the neighberhood everytime I leave or come home.

when I did mine I wired the opener directly to the high beam wire. I would like to find a relay or something like it do activate after to taps of the switch but I like what I have so far.
      Last edited by Bergy2; 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      05 Kat 600
      Yoshi RS3
      Bar Risers
      Road Attacks
      Fumoto Valve
      Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

I attached mine to the top of front brake resevoir with velcro straps but like the idea of the pass button
        Do you lose the pass function when you do this ?
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

not at all, you just tap into the wires behind the center lite and your done.
          05 Kat 600
          Yoshi RS3
          Bar Risers
          Road Attacks
          Fumoto Valve
          Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

Ae you modding a standard garage door remote to do this? If so how?
            James

Comment

Comment

If you open up the back of the door opener and follow the circuits they should have a brake in them. That is the switch. Solder a small piece of wire to connect the circuit. Now solder a wire to each side of the battery holder and close everything up.
                Find the hot wire from the high beams and tap into it w/ the pos. wire coming from your remote then do the same for the neg wire If you want you put switch or fuse inline on the pos side to protect your opener . Now you just close everything up and your done. You will never need to replace the Battery again you are hard wired into the bikes 12v system

what pics do you want there isnt realy anything to see.
                Last edited by Bergy2; 04-05-2009, 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                05 Kat 600
                Yoshi RS3
                Bar Risers
                Road Attacks
                Fumoto Valve
                Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

Originally posted by Bergy2 View Post
                  If you open up the back of the door opener and follow the circuits they should have a brake in them. That is the switch. Solder a small piece of wire to connect the circuit. Now solder a wire to each side of the battery holder and close everything up.
                  Find the hot wire from the high beams and tap into it w/ the pos. wire coming from your remote then do the same for the neg wire If you want you put switch or fuse inline on the pos side to protect your opener . Now you just close everything up and your done. You will never need to replace the Battery again you are hard wired into the bikes 12v system

Never had to replace my opener batt, just looked in there and I'll be darned it's a little 12v batt in there. I was expecting a couple AAA's or something. It's a no brainer since te remote is a 12v unit.
                  Thanks,
                  James

Comment

Originally posted by Bergy2 View Post

YOUR Description works
                    What about code rolling ?
                    Did you weather proof it in any way , I have mine vacuum sealed right now since it is above the bars

Comment

I just ripped mine apart and hooked my horn button into the circuit instead of the button on the opener. I have it wrapped in a plastic bag and taped to the inside of my fairing.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Someone else post a garage door opener wired to the horn in another section. It shows another option.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          I just ripped mine apart and hooked my horn button into the circuit instead of the button on the opener. I have it wrapped in a plastic bag and taped to the inside of my fairing.
                          what do you meen into the the circuit, instead of the button on the opener. they are one in the same arent they
                          Last edited by Bergy2; 04-05-2009, 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          05 Kat 600
                          Yoshi RS3
                          Bar Risers
                          Road Attacks
                          Fumoto Valve
                          Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

thats a really good idea. now i jus need a garage with an opener instead of the old school manual doors!
                              '05 Katana 600
                              DnD Slip On

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X