X

Carb question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb question.

Hey guys. So I got a '92 600 and my carbs went to hell in a hand basket and I have heard that some of the older gsxr carbs that flow better fit on our bikes. is that true? if so which ones? thanks all

talk KR member "arsenic" he usually has sets of carbs overhauled and ready to go
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

The 1986-1992 Oil cooled GSXR motors I think have the same intake path/size but are cammed differently.

Swapping carbs won't add more "power" to the bike.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

no, the 86-92 GSXR 750 is what the Katana engine is based on. NONE of the GSXR 750 has 33mm carbs. The closest is the 87, which is 34mm. And the only thing GSXR carbs will give you is a ginormous headache. This member did PM me, while I do have 2 sets of 90-97 600 carbs that will be done this week, I figured fixing HIS carbs would be cheaper. Carbs don't "go to hell in a hand basket" by the way. Whoever is supposed to be fixing them is a moron.
        Last edited by arsenic; 04-05-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

well get this. I have had this bike for about a year but hadn't had the time to really look at it thouroghly until recently. when I took the tank off my intake looked fine and all but as soon as my eyes drifted to the carbs I saw.... ready? JB weld holding one of the small copper (or whatever they are) fuel deliverly lines to the carb. I was like... oh.... good lord. there's probably no fuel at all going through there. When I tried to start the bike (before I took it apart obviously haha) It would turn but no backfire, no start, not really much at all except alot of cranking. any ideas? my other three plugs were wet so I know im getting fuel in at least 3 of em. I have power traveling to the plugs (although I haven't checked the spark itself yet). My timing is correct. Kinda at a loss. even with one piston not running at all I should have had either a very rough idle or at least some backfiring siginifiing that it was trying to start right?

by the way arsenic could you fix that jb welded crap? or do I have to get a new pipe and or parts with that?
          Last edited by justice; 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's not going to start with wet plugs and one possible dead cylinder. Where are you, maybe someone close to you that has carb knowledge can help.

Comment

Originally posted by justice View Post
              well get this. I have had this bike for about a year but hadn't had the time to really look at it thouroghly until recently. when I took the tank off my intake looked fine and all but as soon as my eyes drifted to the carbs I saw.... ready? JB weld holding one of the small copper (or whatever they are) fuel deliverly lines to the carb. I was like... oh.... good lord. there's probably no fuel at all going through there. When I tried to start the bike (before I took it apart obviously haha) It would turn but no backfire, no start, not really much at all except alot of cranking. any ideas? my other three plugs were wet so I know im getting fuel in at least 3 of em. I have power traveling to the plugs (although I haven't checked the spark itself yet). My timing is correct. Kinda at a loss. even with one piston not running at all I should have had either a very rough idle or at least some backfiring siginifiing that it was trying to start right?

by the way arsenic could you fix that jb welded crap? or do I have to get a new pipe and or parts with that?
              The body needs to be replaced. If Chris doesn't have one, post up which is boogered.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

when you say the body needs to be replaced you mean the throttle body? I have much more exp with cars than with bikes. and when I say wet plugs I mean they are in then I crank it and when I pull em out there is gas on em so what I am saying is three of the cylinders are getting gas and not the one with the JB. BTW Im in the Minneapolis area so someone give me a hollar or Personal message if you are up for the challenge.

Comment

he means the carb body, which would be what I think you mean as a throttle body. I have a few carb bodies, in which case, yes I can fix this. Post pictures so I know which carb it is.

Comment

ill do that. they will be later today tho im going to go work on my car where my bike is stored to Ill snap a shot or two. I got a question about the plastics. the last guy who had this scratched them all up and made on decent crack (the crack while transporting two bikes mine fell on the other one.) so I was thinking to get rid of them I could sand out the scratches then get the crack lined up and bondo it from the back. If I use fine sand paper then primer the paint (cuz planing on painting the whole thing anyway.) would that look weird once I had it all done or would it be ok you think?

Comment

Working...
                    X