X

Choke Cable VA/MD/DC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke Cable VA/MD/DC

So I'm really sorry I couldn't post in the Parts wanted Forum. But I'm still a bit new to the site and I don't have the 50 post minimum.

After waiting 2 weeks for a shop to order me a Choke/starter cable and not getting it, cause it's apparently on back order, which it absolutely is not. I've decided to get on here.

Now I've had my bike up and running for about 3 weeks now, After sitting in the garage for nearly 2 years. right as I was about to take it out on it's initial run my choke cable snapped. There were many more discouragements before this, but i wont go into it.

Either way, DC is suppose to have some very nice weather this weekend and I really really really want to get out and ride if anyone in the DC metro area has a Choke cable used or otherwise that I can buy off you, I would very much appreciate it

My bike is an 02 Katana 600

Nic

If you don't find one .....
    Look in through the fairing on the left side (sitting on bike) . Look at carbs . Choke rail sits near the top . You CAN grab that with your fingers and pull it to operate the choke . When you let go , it (SHOULD) closes by itself . I rode for a year with a wire tie on mine until I felt like finding a new cable .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Check with The Cyberpoet on here, he usually carries the cables.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        If you don't find one .....
        Look in through the fairing on the left side (sitting on bike) . Look at carbs . Choke rail sits near the top . You CAN grab that with your fingers and pull it to operate the choke . When you let go , it (SHOULD) closes by itself . I rode for a year with a wire tie on mine until I felt like finding a new cable .
        I was in the same boat last year for about a week or two.

Comment

Dennis kirk ships really fast.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Hey man I know exactly what you need to do for great quick/temp fix. As shown in the pictures, there is a small brass button like thing with a slide attached to it that opens the carbs when you normally use the choke cable. What i did was wrap a zip tie through and now i just pull it to use as my choke. Maybe the pics can explain better. Good luck!

Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
              Check with The Cyberpoet on here, he usually carries the cables.
              Or Arsenic. His might be used, though.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I got mine from cyberpoet. he'll get it out to ya quick. not very expensive and easy to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
                  Hey man I know exactly what you need to do for great quick/temp fix. As shown in the pictures, there is a small brass button like thing with a slide attached to it that opens the carbs when you normally use the choke cable. What i did was wrap a zip tie through and now i just pull it to use as my choke. Maybe the pics can explain better. Good luck!

That's what I said .
                  Originally posted by katana bob View Post
                  I got mine from cyberpoet. he'll get it out to ya quick. not very expensive and easy to replace.
                  Yeah , but if you happen to have a dealer that ain't 'tarded , it's usually easier to have THEM eat shipping . Sucks paying $5 shipping (or more) on a $12 part .

Comment

I do carry them...

Yeah , but if you happen to have a dealer that ain't 'tarded , it's usually easier to have THEM eat shipping . Sucks paying $5 shipping (or more) on a $12 part .
                    While it's true that postage sucks, the reality is that I typically charge about 20-30% less than most walk-in full-service dealers in urban areas (heck, I charge less than RonAyers for gawd's sake, both on parts and on shipping!). For a single cable, that still means you'll pay a buck or two more through me, but if you add in a couple more items (oil filters, etc.) and you'll be on the win-win side, and I'll typically have the item on your doorstep in 2 postal days.

PS - NicCOConnor - cables already in stock, ready to ship. Details on what I carry here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've bought from CP before and things worked out very well. Highly recommend and it means you don't have to take time off from work to get to the shop. Another point: although he doesn't say it, when you buy through CP you're supporting someone who has made themselves available here on KR for free advice, info, etc. You don't always get that from the local shops and hardly ever at 10:00 at night!
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        I do carry them...

While it's true that postage sucks, the reality is that I typically charge about 20-30% less than most walk-in full-service dealers in urban areas (heck, I charge less than RonAyers for gawd's sake, both on parts and on shipping!). For a single cable, that still means you'll pay a buck or two more through me, but if you add in a couple more items (oil filters, etc.) and you'll be on the win-win side, and I'll typically have the item on your doorstep in 2 postal days.
                        Yeah , I know .Not trying to suck business away dude , just sayin . I don't much trust the postal carriers out here (be it USPS or Fed Ex) , and I DO kinda like my local dealer , so if I can have THEM get me something that I KNOW will be there , instead of taking the chance that said carrier might see my driveway and go "oh HELLZ no , F that " and leave my stuff at the bottom of the hill . Happened when I ordered a new tire last year . I was shocked it was actually still there when I left for work that day , and it hadn't "rolled off" .

Comment

Neither rain nor sleet nor dark of night...

Nobody said anything about a freakin' hill!
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

GRAVEL hill , at that ! Slope's like 35-40* and probably 50yds long . If I don't get a running start , my car don't make it up .

Comment

...instead of taking the chance that said carrier might see my driveway and go "oh HELLZ no , F that " and leave my stuff at the bottom of the hill
                              Remind me to always mark your packages as "signature release required"

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X