Mods necessary?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods necessary?

Ok, so here's my question:

If I'm the only "mod" / addition to the bike, does that make me any less appreciative of the bike or of riding? 8)

Re: Mods necessary?

No... It just means you haven't been bitten by the mod bug yet... might take a couple years to hit (or may never hit -- but that's rarer). Many people get started when it's time to replace something that has worn out through normal use or through damages... chain and sprockets are a common starting point; tires is another.

Q: Will you always keep your bike 100% stock? It's a good way to help maintain peak-reliability, but odds are at some point you'll opt for some aftermarket product that is cheaper than OEM, better than OEM or both.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Actually, the original owner NEVER replaced the tires in the 7 years he had the bike. I did!

Guess that was the first, and only (thus far) mod by me.

There's stuff I'd like to do, but conflicting priorities define the direction of the greenbacks.

Comment

Re: Mods necessary?

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Many people get started when it's time to replace something that has worn out through normal use or through damages... chain and sprockets are a common starting point; tires is another.
        ^
        I needed new sprocket/chain set.... oops, +2 sprocket in the back, I need a new motor....oops, looking to do a gsxr750 swap. While the bike sits in the garage I look at it daily going: hmmmm, black or silver mesh mod?, hmmmm, solo cowl or no?, hmmmm, hugger? and on and on (granted I have $ for none, but the list is growing, sort of a like a cancer

it'll hit ya eventually... hanging around these guys doesn't help
        Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

If your Kat is the way you want it then there is nothing wrong with leaving it the way it is!!!!!!!!
          By looking at your profile pic I wouldn't blame you for not changing a thing, You have a great looking Kat there!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Mod'n is strictly personal preference. Some people like the way certain mods look and others dont, so they just dont do them. Its all in what you want, if u like it, thats all that matters. There's something to be said for a stock bike thats taken care of and well maintained as much as a tricked out ride.

But most people, once u do one mod, they are definately contagious, and there is no cure!

Comment

Yeah it is contagious... ok only one more mod ends up being 3... I am close to getting my bike the way i want it... like new pipe after the gap, a hugger so i can chop the shovel.. and i will be close to being done.. except for the painted mirrors, solo cowl, new sprockets, brakes, tires, gear indicator, illumiglow guages, cf tree cover, some vinyl, then i might do some performance mods.. addicting not at all... i dont think i have a problem...

wait until you start buying "extra" parts to get them chromed...

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

.. addicting not at all... i dont think i have a problem...
                +1

Comment

I guess the worst part is having all the mod parts and no time to put them on....new barends, grips, rear hugger, and swingarm/top tripple/wheels/misc other parts that need to be chromed...also the access to a machine shop and a professional sheetmetal mechanic/die tool maker (my dad) to help me make the custom parts....but I need more time in the day to do it....that is what really sucks...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

the first weekend i had my bike i ; Changed the grips , painted my windscreen gloss black , peeled off ALL the stickers off the body, cut off the rear fender plastic and replaced blinkers with LED blinkers and last but not least i changed headlights to hyperwhite lights.
                    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                      If your Kat is the way you want it then there is nothing wrong with leaving it the way it is!!!!!!!!
                      By looking at your profile pic I wouldn't blame you for not changing a thing, You have a great looking Kat there!!!
                      Thanks!

Comment

I equate modding the bike as making it my own... Kind of like putting steps on my truck or a new sound system. I think "modding" is a loose term. Accessorizing is what i do. Braada Jim, Letsride, Special K, Sweet Lou and others mod.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Most important mod you ask? Get that odometer reading a shigh as you possibly can!!!! In other words ride more than you mod.

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                            Most important mod you ask? Get that odometer reading a shigh as you possibly can!!!! In other words ride more than you mod.

Timing is everything. Just got an odometer reset knob (thanks, Special K).

Comment

I use to have a Honda SuperMagna. I NEVER touched anything on that bike. Only reason I even did the paint job is because the stock rear fender was fading and even then I went with close to a stock look. I loved that bike the way it was and would buy another in a freakin heartbeat. (and fully intend to one day)

Could be that you feel the same way. There is nothing wrong with that
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X