X

Dropped it first time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped it first time

Yesterday, I returned home from a ride and dropped my 1100 on the left side as I came to a stop. A friend was nearby to help me lift the bike, and I was immediately able to start and ride it. There was some rash on the lower left front fairing, left mirror, and helmet. Otherwise the bike is fine. I have a small bruise on my left hip, but my ego has been crushed.

I'm a sixty something diabetic, and over the past several months, I've been experiencing some weakness in my left leg. I've tried to adapt by favoring my right leg for stops. Four months ago, I returned to riding after a twelve year hiatus. I tell myself that my riding days are not over, and that I will somehow work through all of this. My wife feels otherwise.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will continue to ride. You will just have to make sure that you have firm footing and keep the bike upright.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
      Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will continue to ride. You will just have to make sure that you have firm footing and keep the bike upright.
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

Something like this can happen to twenty somethings too. Don't worry about it yet.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Your riding days are not over. Our friend Bob took a bad tumble in '66, remember? He got over it. I'm not sure he rode again, but he sure did write, now didn't he? Sorry to hear of your fall, but get back up there.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            Something like this can happen to twenty somethings too. Don't worry about it yet.
            +1...and thirty, fourty etc...somethings. Ask Scout- he's a freak'in gorilla and he's dropped his bike for no apparent reason too. the bike is a happy place, try and keep it in your head that way.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

if i knew how to link a thread i would have you view the "how many times have you dropped it" thread.

i too don't think you are ready to give up riding but only you can decide. if you find the Kat a bit much for you there are plenty of lighter lower bikes out there.

egos are meant to be crushed every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                +1...and thirty, fourty etc...somethings. Ask Scout- he's a freak'in gorilla and he's dropped his bike for no apparent reason too. the bike is a happy place, try and keep it in your head that way.
                For sure!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Welcome back to two wheels.
                  ~ Lisa
                  2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                  2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Shake it off man! My dad's 70 and just bought himself a new FZ6

We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                      sigpic
                      2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Comment

I don't think anyone could have said it better. That phrase is about to become my sig.

Comment

My 50 year old dad has that on a T-shirt.
                          Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullmetal View Post
                            My 50 year old dad has that on a T-shirt.
                            Well it's new to me since I don't get out much. Regardless, it's now my new sig.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the crushed ego, but if if makes you feel any better, you arent the only one who has done that. Welcome to the Kat Drop club :
                              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X