X

What do you do with your helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your helmet?

when u go out somewhere do u usually just take it with u or lock in the side of the bike? Also, when u have another rider on with you and u go somewhere what do u do being that there is only a spot for one helmet? jus curious
    '05 Katana 600
    DnD Slip On

sigpic

well there are two places for you helmet one under the seat and one on the luggage bars (with a lock)

Comment

I always carry mine with me unless I am just standing around talking to friends at bike night or something like that.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

It really depends on where I am. Sometimes I'll lock it onb the bike. However, other places I don't let my helmet out of my sight.
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Helmet lock under my colo cowl.

Do the post kats not have one lock on each side under the seat? My pre did.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i have yet to find this mythical helmet lock on my pre. can somebody tell me what i am looking for?
            "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

They're just cheap steel hooks:

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
              and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

The seat locks on with the helmet secured underneath it, hence "helmet lock" lol

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

nice. i didnt know those were there, ill check it out next time i ride, guess my question now is how do you attach the helmet there, i mean obviously the helmet doesnt fit under the seat, so do you just slip the strap under it, and then lock the seat on?
                "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by labbatom90 View Post
                  nice. i didnt know those were there, ill check it out next time i ride, guess my question now is how do you attach the helmet there, i mean obviously the helmet doesnt fit under the seat, so do you just slip the strap under it, and then lock the seat on?

Pop seat off, hook the D-ring on your helmet strap around the hook, put seat back on. It's really easy as pie, once you get use to using it it feels a lot more...natural...you'll get it

Comment

i usually carry mine with me..some bike nights ill leave it on the bike cause we will all be out there...but some place are notorious for helmet straps being cut and stolen from the locks..
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

I take it with me if I am going to be stationary like eating or something. Otherwise I just lock it up on the bike. Hell it's insured.
                      sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                      A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Lock it up in my topcase
                        If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

My post only have one helmet hook under the seat.
                          I usually lock it there or put it in my topbox if I have it on the bike.
                          Actually my topbox fits two full face helmets.
                          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

i never noticed a hook under the seat. the post kats DO have this? ill check on mine a little later i only knew about the one with the little steel bar on the side of the bike
                            '05 Katana 600
                            DnD Slip On

sigpic

Comment

There should be a hook under the seat on the left side, at least it is on mine.
                              2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
                              X