No announcement yet.
X

What do you do with your helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on where I am, sometimes it is locked to the bike and other times I carry it.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
      Depends on where I am, sometimes it is locked to the bike and other times I carry it.
      +1

If it's somewhere that I have to walk a ton (say an amusement park) or gone for hours, I'm leaving it locked to the bike. Grocery store, restaurant, somewhere I'm only going to be for a little while and I'm carrying it with me. I always found my riding jacket to be more of a nuisance -- what do I do with it if I'm not riding a bike with hard luggage? Then a friend showed me a trick where you use a cable through the sleeves to lock it to the helmet lock or underseat helmet hook.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        +1

..........Then a friend showed me a trick where you use a cable through the sleeves to lock it to the helmet lock or underseat helmet hook.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        My luck if I did that a gust of wind would blow the jacket off the seat, then a pack of stray dogs would find it and hike their legs on it
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
          My luck if I did that a gust of wind would blow the jacket off the seat, then a pack of stray dogs would find it and hike their legs on it
          You could always make the cable just the right length go from the under-seat latch all the way over to the helmet latch with little extra to spare -- then it probably couldn't blow down to the ground.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

At bike meets I leave it on the bike, when going to public fun parks I use lockers provided and when going to the supermarket I hand it to customer service to look after.

Tok

Comment

I used to use the under the seat lock with my old helmet, which had the d hook. My new helmet has a quick release strap however, anyone have any ideas on the best way to lock this kind of lid up?

Best idea I've come up with so far is to get one of those little cables that you can put on a bicycle to lock down a quick release seat, haven't tried it yet however.

Comment

i checked it out this morning and sure enough there is a hook under the seat. sooo much easier than trying to use the little bar on the side
                '05 Katana 600
                DnD Slip On

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
                  It really depends on where I am. Sometimes I'll lock it onb the bike. However, other places I don't let my helmet out of my sight.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                    I used to use the under the seat lock with my old helmet, which had the d hook. My new helmet has a quick release strap however, anyone have any ideas on the best way to lock this kind of lid up?
                    My Nolan's have that kind of ratchet-strap set-up, and I had zero issues sticking the male section of the set-up under the under-seat hook (won't work with the lock down by the footpeg).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have always been a bit paranoid that someone will steal it even being "locked" to the bike thus, I always take it with me. On occasion, I have locked it on, but that is typically when I am going to do a lot of walking around too.
                      -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                      -My wife

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Pop seat off, hook the D-ring on your helmet strap around the hook, put seat back on. It's really easy as pie, once you get use to using it it feels a lot more...natural...you'll get it
                        awesome! that is a lot easier to do if im just running into a store or something, i probably wont do it much, but hey at least now i know its there
                        "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

I live in New Hampshire, so I leave mine at home When I do wear it, like during bike week up here, I leave it on my bike. It's much easier than carrying it with me everywhere.

Comment

I never carry my helmet with me, if someone wants to cut the strap on my uncomfortable noisy smelly Fulmer than by god they can have it
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

At work, I take it with me (in) - If I have the top box on the bike, I'll usually put it in there, just going inside a shop, or to a café during daytime, I leave the helmet on the handlebars.

Comment

Working...
                              X