Calling all cincinnati area riders!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all cincinnati area riders!

hey everyone!

i have been looking for a good week to possibly meet everyone around here seeing as how i this will pretty much be my home for the next five years.

are there any set dates for get togethers?

and since i am also a poor college student who doesnt have the space or time to get to work and see exactly what my kat is all about.

what it basically comes down to is that i need to do some work on it, as in figuring out why my blinkers dont blink, completely bolting down my fairings, which i need to buy first, and the also figuring out if my gas tank is securely on... it clanks when i hit large bumps..

so what i am proposing is a meet and greet to start off the season, and possibly showing a nubie around his machine haha

looking forward to it all!

(maybe it can be at someones garage with some tools? haha)
    "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

I can meet up with you at the highway, either Mt Zion (178) or Richwood (175) Chuckwick and VD come down from Cinci too.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You doing school then? What program/year?
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

yup, freshman computer engineer. class of '13
        "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Good man... I started CE but switched to ME, graduated back in June. Good luck with it, Cincinnati has a bad wrap of failing engineers early on, but if you stick with it, you'll be **** proud at the end. Be strong and push through, its worth it in the end.
          None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
          -Robert Morrison

"
          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

i have heard that too. they threw an experimental class at us last quarter, and it would have been fine, had the teachers known what they were teaching, but they didnt, it all worked out in the end, but it was rough throughout the class. thanks for the advice though!
            "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

I've seen UC weed out ridiculous amounts of Architecture students as well.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I am always down to do something. I live on the North side in Forest Park. Don’t mind tinkering either as long as its not Carbs.
                sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Just graduated with MEE degree in December at the better school up the road...UD! jk...its the folks at Xavier I don't like, UCers are pretty cool. Oh, and I will be moving back to Dayton in the next couple weeks...finally got a job offer in Sidney, OH!!
                  1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Few of us meet weekly down yonder .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckwick357 View Post
                      I am always down to do something. I live on the North side in Forest Park. Don’t mind tinkering either as long as its not Carbs.
                      i really need to start tinkering, but i just dont have the tools and/or space to do it. so maybe we could arrange something for the future?
                      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

What needs tinkered with ?

Comment

well i need some stuff put on the bike: two random fairings, i have to get a bolt kit to completely fasten the existing ones as well. i also have a nice clank when i go over bumps from my gas tank not being attached completely i think, and then the mechanic who has done the work i have done on it says my wiring harness is a bit off, so my blinkers dont blink and some other things i that i cant think of at the time
                          "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Mostly simple stuff . For the time being , I'd get a couple bolts and big washers to strap the tank down with . Bolt kits are overrated for their cost . Home Depot has bolts , too .
                            Also , most won't notice your signals anyway , nor are they strictly necessary in most sates , provided you hand-signal (which most drivers have no clue about either) . I think if you DO have them , they's posed to work . Easy enough to take off , though .... But it's not like drivers would notice your signals if they work anyway .
                            BTW , I like to think I know a fair bit about bikes , and I work fairly cheap . Usually I charge a tool I want/need , or a few lunches or something . But if a longer drive is involved , money for gas would probably be necessary .....

Comment

Im working on my ASE degree at UC also. md carries around all the tools you will need to take your bike apart and put it back together on the side of the highway. If there is something specific you need help with, i might be able to make it out there and help you out as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X