Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Craigslist parts bike: How much is this worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts

thats what i said..if you are willing to take the time to do it

Comment

i bought a bike with no title, bad idea. couldn't get it registered. i wouldn't pay more than 300 bucks, 350 if they brought it to my house
      thoughts create things

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        You could get more then $500 IMO. But you can't sell the engine or frame without the prober title..
        the title has NOTHING to do with the engine. That just means you can't sell the frame. You get next to nothing for scrape steel so just cut that up and throw it out. I never sell engines whole anyhow. The head is worth as much as the whole motor if your patient.

Originally posted by kycycles View Post
        its a deal at 500 or 300. this thing will fetch at least 2000 in parts once you part it down, running or not, title or not. if you are willing to take the time to part it down, you will make money. you could give the parts away and double your money
        uuummm... no Dude, I part out bikes for a living, it's what I do. If you think your gonna get 2 grand for a tuna, I've got parts to sell you. I just passed 2 grand on an 05 GSXR 750 with under 1000 miles. And that stuff actually sells 2 grand on an old tuna that doesn't run, boy a can clearly see your nuts.

Just to let you know, I just bought a pre 600 with no title that didn't run for $150, and they brought it too my house. I cleaned the carbs, now it runs, I'm still stripping the motor though.

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
        many of which you can sometimes hardly GIVE away.
        you know how many tuna parts I've had in my store for like 2 years that I run auctions on for $0.99 cents. Yeah you cam't give that crap away.
        Last edited by arsenic; 04-08-2009, 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

750 parts craigslist

i would say if it ran or not it would be worth it if you had one for sure !

new parts are very costly just make sure its not stolen!!!!!!

Comment

You can make a easy $500 on the bike parting it out so you get your parts for FREE and make money off the bike. Question i thought you could sell the motor without a title just not the frame.

Comment

if you get the parts you need and break even thats a good deal ...strip it down and trash the left over .. no paper work $330 bucks tops

Comment

Working...
              X