X

Someone Stole My Bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Stole My Bike!

So 95% of the time my Kat is parked in our garage locked away...except for last nigt. I parked her maybe 15 feet from our bedroom window in our back yard because I was doing some work on her. Somehow, I forgot and left the keys in her. I will say that we live in a very small town of 1500; so things are normally pretty quiet. Well around 145 this morning, I heard our dog bark and the next thing I hear is my baby firing up! What the hell?! I looked out the window and saw my bike riding up the back alley. So I jumped out of bed, threw on some shoes, called the police, and jumped in the car. I'm thinking please let me catch this guy so I can kill him.... Luckily, my exhaust is loud so I rolled down the window and followed the noise. Four blocks from my house I find her sitting in the middle of the road on the side stand with the lights still on. The bikes not running and I can't see anyone around. There are about 6 houses on this street and I know the guy didn't know I was following him. What the crap?! It just seems really strange. Anyway, the police came, knocked on some doors and looked around. I'm hoping to find the little punk today at school where I teach. Thankfully, my girl is back in the garage safe and sound.
    sigpic

Wow! You got lucky!!!!!!!

Mine was stolen and a year later the police recoverd the wheels, forks and motor, ditched on a remote hilltop.

Glad you got your bike back, bro.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Lucky you were able to follow him and get your bike back.
      Hope you find out who it was.
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Glad you did not have to kill anyone.

Comment

lucky that the person did not trash it up before bailing

Comment

Now that was luck...but I'd also leg it if I knew a hairy butt, ****ed off naked guy wearing shoes was after me. :mrgreen:

Tok

Comment

That's a heck of a story. Does your back yard have a fence? I have my VTX on our back porch and my Ninja 600 on our front porch. I live in a town about the size of yours also. As a seasoned teacher, and you probably know this too, I'd not say a word about it at school. I can almost guarantee that word will get back to you within three days or so concerning the culprit in the event it was a kid. They just can't keep things like that to themselves. Patience is a well-trained and time-tested detective. I'm glad you got the bike back and in the same shape.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Glad to hear you got it and no damage....hopefully lesson learned....no keys in ignition!!! LOL
                2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                  That's a heck of a story. Does your back yard have a fence? I have my VTX on our back porch and my Ninja 600 on our front porch. I live in a town about the size of yours also. As a seasoned teacher, and you probably know this too, I'd not say a word about it at school. I can almost guarantee that word will get back to you within three days or so concerning the culprit in the event it was a kid. They just can't keep things like that to themselves. Patience is a well-trained and time-tested detective. I'm glad you got the bike back and in the same shape.
                  Yep, Zuma, that's the plan...kids are pretty stupid that way.
                  sigpic

Comment

It must have been some kid just taking it for a joy ride because a true bike theif would have made a full getaway and had your bike in pieces and parting it out on ebay or craigslist by now. You're very lucky it was just a joyrider that decided to take your bike.
                    We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

WOW! You are Very Lucky!! I do not even like to leave my key in the ignition when my bike is locked up in my garage!
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                        WOW! You are Very Lucky!! I do not even like to leave my key in the ignition when my bike is locked up in my garage!
                        Yeah, I'm an idiot. Lesson learned.
                        sigpic

Comment

Now that's luck!!

My cousin had a bad habit of leaving the key in his bike. Not the thing you wanna do with a Busa living on South Beach. Anyway, the last time I saw him he was using one of the bungie cord keychains, with one end hooked to his belt loop. I guess you gotta do what cha gotta do.
                          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

You were very lucky to get your Kat back. You might want to take the keys out for now on
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Lucky Lucky Lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad bike is back home and not any damage...

Eric
                              "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

Working...
                              X