Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many times have you dropped your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times have you dropped your bike?
    No drops under 50 mph ...... the good

2 drops over 50 mph ..... the bad

... and of the 2 ......

1 over 90 mph ........ and the ugly

... I definately prefer the option #1
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Twice: Once in the garage and once walking a u turn on a (all of a sudden out of asphalt) gravel country road
      Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

1 st backin out of a parking lot in the rain, Oil made my foot slide!
        2nd riding thru a hail storm! trust me its no fun! lowside ! no injuries just pride!
        3rd wifey and I were rushing to get our rides on higher ground durning a tropical storm Fay! and she ran my bike over backing up! it was ugly!
        I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

Two times... Both while stopped and no motor.

One was the first time coming into a gas pump while riding 2UP. I put my feet down stopped, and the right foot slipped out with my wife on the back. Good thing cause her foot peg saved the exhaust. I gently let it go to the ground though. No stopping it. Best of all, NO DAMAGE...

Second time was on a rainy day in my garage. I was chopping the shovel off. When I finished that I needed to park the Kat on the side. I did a six point turn in the garage and got her situated, went to put the kickstand down... got off... Kickstand didn't stay down... Broke my Kat's fall with my body under her. Somehow got her back up off of me... Hulk moment I guess... Best of all, NO DAMAGE...
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Three times, all within the first year of ownership.

First was after 2 weeks, got overconfident on a weird turn and fixated on the gravel shoulder. Lowside slide at about 15mph, minimal fairing damage but it did crack my starter cover, so no more oil.

Second was in the Chipotle parking lot, low speed maneuvers around a sloped parking lot makes for a down bike.

Last was your garden variety "I'm positive my kickstand is down!" garage drop.

Comment

0 times, but I locked up the front brake while practicing through cones in a parking lot once & almost droped her

Comment

only dropped it once while pulling in the garage.

Comment

One time, in the suzuki dealer lot. I was going to wax my chain so I tried to put it up on the center stand (for the first time), and I thought it had gone over center on the stand so I stepped off... it wasn't over center yet and the bike jumped forward off the stand. I still had a hold of the left bar and luggage tiedown so I put all my 150 lbs into trying to lay her down gently. I was soooooo embarrassed, but everyone was supportive and helped show me the best way to pick it up. Scuffed the fairing and muffler a little so I painted her white the following week.
                  Originally posted by katanawarrior
                  I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

my Kat none
                    my '79 Kawasaki I had before I dropped once while learning to ride, broke a light off
                    1999 Katana 750

Comment

I have dropped mine twice, unfortunately. Neither time did any damage. Both times were while I was practicing on the test track for my license. DAMN U-TURN! Good thing I got it right for the test. Haven't dropped it since (knock, knock)

Comment

Once, I had front wheel turned to the right and it was running, so it shook bike til it fell over, small crack on right side fairing!
                        ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

Twice, no damage to the bike because I was holding on for dear life and let her down easy.... hasn't happened since (knock on wood)
                          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

NEVER! 3 years with a 99 suzuki GS500E and 1 a month with an 05 Kat 750
                            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                            Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                            My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                            He is the best there was and ever been.
                            RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

twice
                              I was not on the bike either time

Once I was at a gas station, helping an elderly friend fill her bike about 2 minyes later my bike fell over for no damn reason.. actually the side stand sunk into the pavement and or rolled ahead a bit dispite being left in gear. Damage = bent lever and busted signal light

The second time was trying to put the bike on the center stand in the rain, both foot and hand slipped off the bike and over it went on the lawn. No damage

oh wait 3 times..
                              I was backing the bike out of the garage at my old house and the back wheel dropped into a hole beside the driveway where we had just recently pulled a stump... I held the bike for about 30 seconds and then finally let it drop against the deck of the house... damage = dime size dent in the tank
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

my old kat.. honestly every other day...hey it was my 1st bike no one warned me about the weight and the kickstand...sue me
                                pveity = 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X