Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many times have you dropped your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post
    That makes sense, Cyber--dropping your bike is SUPPOSED to be irrational, isn't it?
    The reality is that, if you've ridden as long as I have, it has happened more times that you care to admit, or even are able to remember (I have no clue how often I dropped my first bike any more unless the event was memorable some way -- may have never dropped that one outside serious accidents ?!?).

But, yes, it was an attempt at humor

The only important thing right now is that I've dropped the ZX-14 ZERO TIMES -- and I hope it stays that way

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

A few .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Everyone will do it eventually
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

1 lowside and 1 set down

I had a lowside on a nice mountain road just south of San Francisco when a Canadian tourist decided that it would be a bright idea to pull out of a driveway w/o stopping to see if there was any oncoming traffic. (There were embankments that blocked my view of them approaching, but there was an area for them to stop and look for traffic before entering the roadway. They just chose to not stop.) I was going speed limit of 45mph and got it down to around 20 before I had to bail. The bike slid to a stop into the side of their car. Also no chance to swerve as a CHP cruiser in the oncoming lane that saw the whole incident. The fairing was pretty trashed as was my gear, but the bike was still rideable. Insurance fixed the bike and I healed up from a hairline fracture to my right shoulder and some friction burns received through my leather.

Lost my balance once in my sloping driveway and set the bike down very lightly on the side. Minimal damage.

Comment

Four times:
            1. At 0mph...Was sitting in the middle of the istate in nuetral. Somehow I knocked it in gear it jerked on me. From there down he went. Had i kept my cool I may have gotten away without a scratch, but I panicked and dropped it two more times trying to pick it up.

2. Again at 0mph, in the driveway this time. I had just washed it and was trying to put it on the centerstand. FYI, wet crocs, wet concrete, and a wet bike make a bad mix <---thank goodness for frame sliders

3. Not really a drop. Ihad toreplace my frame sliders. Thought the new onles looked a little short, so we laid the bike down to see if the sliders were long enough.

4. Last week in the garage. I was taking it off the stand, not realizing he was in nuetral and down he went. No harm done since all the plastics were off.
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

not yet

Comment

UUHHHHH...

NONE

And I do not want to drop it either...

"I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

couple times....

1. I was rear-ended at a stoplight about a month and a half after I bought it. (kat)

2. The a-typical garage slip. (kat)

3. Nasty lowside about 40 miles from home...had to ride home with no brakes and a bent bar. (kat)

4. Dumped my HD pulling into the stone drive here at home a little too quick....oops.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Once but it didn't touch the ground.

I had just got home from work and when I was getting off the bike it rolled forward just enough for the kick stand to pop up. I was still standing on the left side of the bike when it fell pinning me between the bike and my wifes neon. Scratched the neon a little but no damage to my bike.

Comment

1 time. Guy ran a stop sign, and I locked the front wheel, went down at 22mph...

Comment

My first bike (Honda CX500) twice, both times in dirt parking lots. My Kat twice going from pavement to gravel/dirt under 10mph with to much front brakes still applied, once was because I avoiding a black cow in pitchblack darkness as I was rounding a curve. Also had it fall 4 times while on the side stand.
                        First time was when the side stand dug into the dirt driveway during a thundertorm.

Second time was when extremely gusty winds blew it off the stand and over to the high side.

Third was when I pulled over onto the gravel shoulder of the road and put the sidestand on the pavement, then the tires started to sink in the soft mud under the gravel shoulder.

Fourth was when I left the bike parked in the driveway while I went to town in the car, and someone I knew stopped by to ask me if I wanted to sell the bike, then dropped it while sitting on it messing around.

I have had to replace 3 mirrors out of the 4 side stand incidents, along with multiple fairing crack repairs.
                        Last edited by Psycho1; 04-02-2009, 09:50 AM.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Twice:

Once while trying to lean over while on it, to pick up a flag that was in the middle of the road. No shoulder, and it was on a blind curve, so I thought it better to not walk away from it. 1800$ damage. Fairing, foot peg, mirror, tank, clutch lever, clutch cable, shift lever. Happened in the first week I owned the new Kat.

Second was a driveway drop at my buddys house. Thought the driveway was level, and tried to put it on center stand. No damage.

My friend Joe always says "Theres two kinds of riders, those that have dropped thier bike, and those that will."
                          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                          Semper Fi

Comment

uhhhh... i think i'll have to say twice... first time, i dropped it at 5mph at a small 3 way neighborhood intersection. wasnt real smooth on the clutch, made the turn, but ended up right next to the curb and bumped it, and the bike went over on the left, no damage, just scratches. another time when i got home and the side stand wasnt all the way down, again no damage, i was able to lightly set it down(my elbow broke the fall lol) and that was all with my brothers katana. now with MY katana... nothing.
                            2004 Katana
                            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

1. First week I owned it, dropped at the gas station parking lot... oil spills are slick.

2. Dropped on wet grass when a dog ran out and head butted the front tire while turning around in a yard (3rd month).

3. Rear ended a car at 35 mph due to target fixation... older caddy pulled halfway out infront of me, doged it and ran right into the back of the car that stopped to turn left. (6 months)

4. Another rider hit me head on while I was waiting to pull out of a resturant. (1 year)

5. Low sided on a curve due to gravel (1.5 years)

6. Cow got loose and knocked it over onto a riding lawn mower. (2nd year)

7. Being stupid and showing off in an empty parking lot... painted arrows are kinda slick. Not long ago enough...

That's all I can think of atm... probably one or two more I'm not thinking of. Most of them were many years ago when I first got the bike new (1993)

Oh, forgot... Wife dropped it once her first time on it. Dropped the clutch with no throttle from a stand still... lurched forward and quit, and she fell right over.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

once I guess. wasn't really riding was kickin down the kick stand and foot slipped on gravel in the driveway.

Comment

Working...
                                X