X

2 noob questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 noob questions

I just bought a '99 Katana 750 but I don't have the manual and this sounds like a dumb question but here goes
    The dude I bought the bike off said I could run regular in it for gas (i live in canada so their grade of regular, i don't know if it differs from the states) But another guy who rides said I should always run premium so which is it?
    Second question is does anyone know (ballpark estimate) how much it would cost to tint the stock windsheild or would it look better to order one already tinted?
    Thanks guys
    1999 Katana 750

89 octaine, buy a zero gravity i dont think tint will stick to plastic very well

Comment

Buy a cheap tinted one off eBay, much less hassle.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

You can run regular without a problem. Second on the zero gravity.
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by johna600 View Post
          89 octaine, buy a zero gravity i dont think tint will stick to plastic very well
          Around here it's 87 octane. 89 octane is ethanol, not sure you want to use that.

If your looking for a cheap method on the windscreen, try painting the inside.

Comment

i use 87 with no problems but my friend has to use medium i forget what octane it is but his wont run on the cheap stuff and his is actually 9 years newer than mine. I think he needs a tune up so guess what im sayin is put the cheepo in and see if it works then stick with it.

Comment

The bike was engineered for 87 octane.

To bring in a tinted screen from the US will cost you over $100.00 + CDN after exchange, freight, taxes & duties you will be around $130.00+. You could paint your screen, but that is not a tint if that is what you are going for.

I bought mine from a local bike shop for $100.00 it is made by MRA. You can see pics in my garage.
              Last edited by JZ67; 04-01-2009, 03:34 PM.
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

you could use night shades on the inside. It is a tint spray for models.

Comment

I am in canada and run 87 most of the time
                  If it is extremely hot I did notice better hot starts on premium
                  the bike was designed to run on 87

I bought on ebay a tinted windscreen from Hong Kong for about $50 delivered

links to picks of mine
                  Last edited by rexazz2; 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM.
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I run premium but my bike has its head ported and polished and is cammed

Comment

sweet thanks guys! I'll look into ordering tinted ones becuase I want a really dark tint but I don't want to paint it
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Dito what everyone else said.

++ unless you've significantly modified the kat it will actually run better with 87 octane as thats what it was designed for.
                        ++ I've seen screens that had the back painted and they did look good
                        ++ Buying a pre-tinted screen is definitely going to be easier. I got my Zero Grav for $65 (+ shipping) off of www.zgoutlet.com. I don't know what shipping and tarrif would be to CA though.
                        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                          Dito what everyone else said.

++ unless you've significantly modified the kat it will actually run better with 87 octane as thats what it was designed for.
                          You get better gas milage too

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                            You get better gas milage too
                            And fewer after fires.
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                            X