X

Matching Paint and BikeBolts updates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Paint and BikeBolts updates

A place called Color Rite <sp in PA. charges like over $100.00 for a quart of model year exact match paint right....well, I found out you can go to NAPA and get a quart for like $50.00 ! They shoot a pic of your paint and mix it to match. Mine came out perfect, I can NOT tell the difference.

BikeBolts kit I ordered and got this week seemed pretty sweet at first, but after installing them last night, they are pretty cheesey. I could have gotten what I needed at the hardware for about 10.00 instead of the $45.00 I spent on the kit. Just sayin'.

And yeah, have I said lately that I love this little Kat? It'll never replace my Harley, but dang, this bike is a blast riding solo. Just wish I wasn't 49 years old with a bad (previously broken ) back ! It's a 1998 with 5,300 miles that is now near mint after the paint work, and I'm in it for about $1,750.00. How can you beat that? Sweetest work bike I've ever owned.
    And I don't care if guys call it Kan-a-tuna, it's a GREAT looking bike and quick enough for me.

Rubber down guys !!!
    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

A quart is a lot of paint, when it comes to bikes... But what ColorRite is selling is not only paint matching, but formulation-matching -- their paints are the same fomulation, so they should adhere properly, give the same performance and age evenly compared to a stock part (i.e. - if you're painting just one fairing out of four for example).

Obviously, if you're painting the entire bike and/or changing colors in general, that's a non-issue as long as you did the prep work well and remembered to use a good fuel-resistant clearcoat over it.

Glad you're happy with it

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Poet,
      I painted 1 fairing and the bottom cowling. It looks great right now, time will tell how it holds up. But for a cheap bike it won't matter much. If it fades before I sell it, I'll probably change the color anyway.
      I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

Working...
      X