X

Weekend riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend riding

I took my girlfriend on my bike this weekend (for my first 2up riding) on Saturday and again on Monday (the 4th of July). We had a really awesome trip. I didn't get any pictures, but we saw a lot of cool stuff (like peacocks in the middle of the road). I felt really comfortable having her on the back. She does a great job leaning with me. Really the only thing that makes it more difficult is balancing the extra weight at stops. We used the stock suspension settings; ~310lbs. between the two of us. I feel more confident leaning further and a bit quicker when I ride by myself as well. I don't think I really need to adjust the suspension for us to ride, but I might try as it could be more comfortable on long rides.

Uh , you'd be surprised what cranking up the suspension will do for you when riding two-up . I found that out a few weeks ago . I normally have mine set at 4-5 (I'm MAYBE 180 with all my gear and bags full of tools and crap) . Before taking my little sister on a ride (LITTLE girl who's MAYBE 110) , I cranked the shock all the way up just to see what would happen . Well , it was MUCH better than when I would just leave it on 4or 5 like usual ! I felt like I could ALMOST ride as quick as I would solo . Give it a shot and see for yourself .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yeah, I guess I should try it then. My friend wanted to go for a ride, too. He weighs 250 lbs. I told him it wouldn't be a very good idea as I'm only about 180 and didn't feel comfortable with him on the bike. I'm not ready for that yet, and to be honest, I don't know if I'd ever want that much weight on the back.

Comment

Probably not a great idea .... Yeah , bump up the shock and go for another ride with her . You'll be AMAZED at the diffence . I sure was !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Even bumping up the rebound helps!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

damn ~310 with both of you on it.. that is one big midget..
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

yeah its a bit difficult to balance a rider on the back who weight significantly more than you. Takes alot of practice, so it was good move telling him no at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Uh , you'd be surprised what cranking up the suspension will do for you when riding two-up . I found that out a few weeks ago . I normally have mine set at 4-5 (I'm MAYBE 180 with all my gear and bags full of tools and crap) . Before taking my little sister on a ride (LITTLE girl who's MAYBE 110) , I cranked the shock all the way up just to see what would happen . Well , it was MUCH better than when I would just leave it on 4or 5 like usual ! I felt like I could ALMOST ride as quick as I would solo . Give it a shot and see for yourself .
                Ditto.

Preload will help a TON--especially on the Kat--with a passenger.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
                X