• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas spill help!!!! Kat spitting

I have a 1998 750 with 15,000 miles
    It ran briefly today and then stalled and spit gas everywhere
    about an 1/8 of a gallon
    any ideas??????????????????????????????

What area did it come from? Could be bad petcock or maybe cracked fuel line?

Comment

Well it obviously didnt like the gas! JK JK

On a more serious note, have you checked all the fuel lines going to the tank?
      1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I don't see any obivious leaks
        It looks like it is coming out of an overflow tube that runs off the top end of the motor

what are the chances that the carbourators were flooded????????
        Last edited by loco_kat_rider; 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Very well could be the carb overflow lines. I see it all the time at work. Is this relatively your first start up of the year? the floats/valves could be stuck/gummed up and they flooded
          1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

the last time i ran it was about 2 weeks ago and i did not notice anything unsual

Comment

Hmmm stock jetting? i see alot of this happen w/ people who install jet kits
              1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I'm not sure if it is stock
                I just bought it about 3 months ago
                it has some upgrades
                visible aftermarket filters
                but i am not sure about the jetting

Comment

Well it deff sounds like the carbs overflowed. You mechanically inclined? take those babies off and drain em out, runs some carb clean through them. If you take it to a shop your looking at $300
                  1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

if the gas spilled out do they still need to be cleaned or can I run it and burn off the excess gas that is still there?

thanks bro for the help
                    i am going to let it sit overnight and try to start it up tomorrow and see what happens
                    Last edited by loco_kat_rider; 03-27-2009, 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well they overflow because the valves are plugged or the floats are stuck. I wouldnt try to run the bike with gas coming out. Could ignite. most likely not, but who knows.
                      1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

There's no overflow tubes on the carbs . Just vents . Gas ain't gonna come out of the vents unless the bike's on it's side ...... But it CAN back up into the airbox or pods , whatever the case may be .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Still need Help

I still have fuel leaking out. I found the source after I removed the body panels. Here are a couple of pictures. Does anyone know what this tube is? Any suggestions on how to fix problem?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I believe that is the vent that connects to the stock airbox. Not 100% sure, the pics are a little small.
                            Don't know why that line would be leaking gas, though. Unless it's one of the venting lines from the
                            tank and the PO tucked it in the wrong spot.
                            Last edited by alien; 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Here is a bigger version of the pics. Any more ideas.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X