No announcement yet.
X

My bike is gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too lost a friend and a bike. It was a new bike and Butch and I were still twinking the carb after a rebuild. He rode me down to take my driving test since he was licenced. Butch and I were tight, you know the deal! I came out to the sound of sirens and found 2 blocks away my friend dead. Some old man had pulled out in front of him in a Buick. That was the summer of 1971. Some things never change. Life is what you make of it. I have seen Butch many a times as I ride and will continue to do so. I always ride with my WINGMAN BUTCH. Ride like you mean it, but always watch for fate as it rides with you. Be safe and enjoy life.
    Michaelbluewolf

Comment

I am a bit late to this thread, but I want to tell you this:

Of course, your decision as to getting another bike is your decision- and I see precious little here in support if you should decide to leave motorcycling behind you. I am here to tell you- please give as much thought to NOT getting another bike, as getting one. You are so much more than just a motorcyclist- if you decide to move on, there will be many, many other worthwhile adventures. For many things, there comes a point in a man's life where the valorous thing to do is step away. If that point has arrived, for you and motorcycling, walk away with your head held high. There is nothing more pathetic than someone who pig-headdedly refuses to change his behaviour- and nothing more noble than someone who walks away when it is time to go. Consider Jim Brown...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3htroE50PQ"]YouTube - Pierce Pettis - She Walked Away Just Like Jim Brown[/ame]

Just Like Jim Brown (pierce pettis)

she walked away just like jim brown
      when he laid that football down
      and walked away because he could
      all the way to hollywood.
      she walked away so sure so fast
      into her future into my past,
      like I should have known she would.
      it was just too true to be good.

she is history. let her go. we are all in this together.
      we are all in this alone.

an axle spins this world around, rolling over rocky ground.
      no shock absorbers on that wheel
      for us to ease the way it feels.
      she really caught me off my guard.
      sometimes those bumps can hit you hard.
      no shock absorbers on that wheel.
      at least this way we know it's real.

she is history. let her go. we are all in this together.
      we are all in this alone.

jim brown was something that's a fact
      the all-time greatest running back.
      but jim knew something fools don't know.
      he knew when it was time to go.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

hmm....guess I missed this post as well. I will keep it simple.

1: I am really sorry about your loss. You have my sympathy.

2- No offense to your friends and family, but screw them. None of this is your fault and you should not be judged by your deceased friend's bad judgment. To be expected to give up your passion for riding because of said bad judgment by your friend is nothing but pure selfishness on their part. If I was in your situation, I would tell anyone the same thing straight to their face if they tried to make me fell guilty about it. And if they didn't accept that, then it is just too bad for them.

your friend deserves your sympathy, but nothing more. you should not have to re-arrange your lifestyle because of this.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
        X